New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Have you ever heard of the Tour of the Fireflies? Usually held around April, every year...

They said more than 5,000 bikes roll off to bike around Metro Manila... Have you encountered my ride buddies last April? Did you find yourself irritated by the traffic?

-Just a curious question...
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Kahit isang milyon pang bike basta lahat ng riders ay may courtesy to others na hindi lahat ng lane ay kukunin nila, I dont see any problem at all. Common sense lang naman yan eh! Pero meron ding rider na mayabang na hindi alam ang sinasabi akala mo pagaari niya ang daan at ayaw pagbigyan ang ibang sasakyan na makalampas yan ang nakaka-irita.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I myself joined the tour last year...and I think with the help of all the marshalls, the affair went well.
    The only problem which I saw there was meron mga pasaway talaga..humihiwalay sila sa group at nag counter flow pa...which...nakaka sira ito sa impression sa group.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last time kasi when I entered the tour... Many motorists were pissed from waiting.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ive joined three tour of the fireflies

The only thing thats is really irritating are Politicians.

As for Motorvehicle drivers, many will not not understand such events.

They cant even understand traffic rules! hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    Ive joined three tour of the fireflies

The only thing thats is really irritating are Politicians.

As for Motorvehicle drivers, many will not not understand such events.

They cant even understand traffic rules! hehehehe
    This is selfishness...which is opposite of the pursuit of the tour. Sustainable Developement is the main essence or message of the tour IMO. Irresponsible use of resources in the pursuit of progress has left us with an environment which will kill us eventually.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    This is selfishness...which is opposite of the pursuit of the tour. Sustainable Developement is the main essence or message of the tour IMO. Irresponsible use of resources in the pursuit of progress has left us with an environment which will kill us eventually.
    Hmmm my Tour of the fireflies brochure didnt have them subject regarding Sustainable Development.

I guess I Was just focus on the map

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was one of the marshalls back in 2002.

being a marshall we ensured each and every participant of the tour is accounted for.

one of the purposes of the tour is to raise awareness among us to cut down on our emissions by riding a bike as much as we can.

Do you find Tour of the Fireflies irritating?