New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My wife and I just booked for a Davao trip next month, any suggestions where to stay, yung not so expensive, an apartelle or inn will do. and what activities can we do there, it's our first time to be there

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by razaec racing View Post
    My wife and I just booked for a Davao trip next month, any suggestions where to stay, yung not so expensive, an apartelle or inn will do. and what activities can we do there, it's our first time to be there
    Pearl Farm resort is a nice place to spent your week end. its about 45 mins from the port at insular hotel, the resort is own by former Miss Universe, Maggie Moran Florendo.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Davao is one of the biggest place I have ever been....just imagine driving around for more than two hours (hi-way pa yun) and still Davao City pa din.

Madami naman Apartelles/Inns especially around the city proper like Tower Inn (located near Marco Polo Hotel), at least within the city lang. From there, you could walk to Gaisano Malls. Or visit the side streets where you can try durian virtually anywhere, not to mention the durian-flavored ice creams, which I became addicted, di nawala sa dessert ko yun.

Going around is pretty much easy, you can either take a jeep, taxi (a/c & ordinary are available. And I tell you, their drivers are one of the nicest people. Its an SOP for them to give you the change, dito nga lang ako nakakita yung mga cab driver ay may coin box just like a jeepney driver has.

Do check this out....

Malagos Garden Resort (about an hour drive) - home of the Philippine Monkey-eating eagle

Crocodile Farm

Samal Island - plenty of beaches to choose from. About 10-15 mins. boatride from the Sasa Wharf.

Of course, there's a nearby SM mall to get everything you need. Malayo nga lang from the city, its in Ecoland pa, about 20 mins. from the city.

Enjoy new din different fruits dun aside from durian like mangosteen and the like....

Best of all, don't forget to post here mga pics nyo!

ENJOY & INGAT na lang!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by razaec racing View Post
    *bro razaec: Just an option if you really want a reasonable, practical yet decent place to stay (i.e. nothing fancy), there is this place where I always stay whenever we have audit engagements in our bank's branches within davao city and they even have a carinderia-type eatery in front serving lutong-bahay local delicacies.

The name is "D' Counter" and it's literally just across APO View Hotel and very much in the heart of the city at walking distance lang sa mga regular creature-comfort locations like mall, fastfood, restos, tiangge, etc.. Several years din ako pabalik balik doon at nakaibigan ko na nga family ng may-ari coz very accomodating at parang nasa bahay lang ang atmosphere (i.e. hope its still the same though kasi that was years back)

This is just my personal experience and i'm sure madami pang ibang choices. You can very well save on accommodation expenses if you go for this type of place to stay and allocate said savings to enjoying the rest of what davao city has to offer, as mentioned by our fellow tsikoteers.

edit: the last time i visited them was during our bank's national conference held in davao city. hindi na ako auditor nun pero nakilala pa din nila ako :hug:
    Last edited by slamtaz; October 19th, 2006 at 08:24 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ok na din pala ang promo price ng airfare ngayon ah

anyhow, they mentioned almost all the goodies to do in DC so i'll just add two more. food trip kayo sa luz kinilaw. masarap iyong mga tuna delicacies nila doon although its a bit more expensive than your ordinary restos even though the place and ambience is not exactly A1. then drop by eden mountain resort/eden nature park too. medyo malayo siya ( about 30-40 mins away from the city central) but it would surely be worth the trip. you'll see peacocks roaming around the grounds freely
    Last edited by baludoy; October 19th, 2006 at 08:49 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    okay din ang Bagobo Hotel (near din ito sa area mentioned above - gaisano mall, apo view hotel, tower inn).

although matagal na akong hindi nagstay sa tower inn (more than 4 years na) nun dati medyo maipis na...food not so great.

try the goto/lugawan ng dencia's near apo view/gaisano mall..I usually have breakfast here.

visit the fuentespina farm near ito sa phil eagle sa Calinan area.

visit the pearl farm in samal island.

eat kayo ng dinner dun sa isang kainan sa taas ng bundok (forgot the name of the places - dalawa kasi ang merun similar ambiance - one entering via GSIS subd and the other sa bypass road ng davao)....I usually have dinner here (any of the 2 works fine)...pero the price is like Gerry's Grill ng Luzon.

Mas cheaper na sugbahan/seafood delicacies dun sa malapit sa SM (near the back entrance of left side parking area)...I usually have lunch here.

Pag-uwi nyo bili kayo ng take-out tunas' sa citra mina...bili lang kayo ng mini ice chess (citra mina mismo mayroon), durian, mangosteen and pomelo.

sa pomelo choose the one the weighs heavy considering the size (maliit na mabigat is good, malaki na magaang pangit)...most of them is generally sweet naman... kahit walang tatak (sticker) ng farm....minsan pede taste test. Tawad kayo lagi sa presyo!

sa durian maraming mura sa outstreach areas like roads going to Calinan kaso hassle kung wala kayong ride....marami dun sa city area near the park (forgot what name of the park)...pero taxi drivers/hotel people would know the name of the place saan maraming durian...

kung mga tinalak products naman i would suggest the small mall beside Marco Polo hotel...mga muslim products (tinalak, sarong, etc)...pero dapat magtumawad ka ng husto o magcanvass ka kasi mataas magpresyo muslim na traders dun.

js gaisano mall tends to have good and cheap RTWs (branded maong pants can go as low as P150-300 lang!) lalo na kung sale.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    razaec racing: bro, i am from davao....pero i can't give you any info for your vacation there coz di na ako nakaka uwi sa amin for quite some time now. btw, check mo na din kung merong drag race event when you are there. there's a legal drag strip in davao....just in case you are interested.

anyway, im sure you'll love the place and you'll surely plan another trip back there soon.

slamtaz: bro, the Dela Cruz family owns D' Counter. kabarkada ng brother ko yung isang anak.

wildthing: i think you are referring to Jack's Ridge - the resto on top of matina hills (or Shrine) with a very good view of the city.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup jack's ridge!...e yung isa na via the by-pass road ano ang name?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *Yung jack's ridge has good food and view of davao gulf. It is also beside the shrine of the Infant Jesus of Prague. Go there a little before sunset para makita mo both day and night view.
    *Apo View has discounted rate if you use Cebu Pacific.There lots of good eat all you can restos.(nanay bebengs,apong kula etc.) others are colassa's bbq,luz kinilaw
    *For shopping (sarong,pashmina shawls, handicrafts etc. ,go to Aldevinco across Marco Polo along c.m.recto.
    *If you're buying a lot of fruits,go to Bangkerohan market.Otherwise just buy it along Ponciano street.
    *Taxi drivers here are like in baguio,they give you the change up to the last centavo. And taxis are everywhere.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by karl88 View Post
    slamtaz: bro, the Dela Cruz family owns D' Counter. kabarkada ng brother ko yung isang anak.
    sorry po kung :offtopic:

yup, sila nga yun.. i remember dati kalaro ko pa nga sa ping-pong ung anak..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Davao Trip for 3k, roundtrip