New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I am not aware of the racism in Japan. Are there particular areas where this is rampant?

In my experience, being friends and meeting new acquaintances with business owners and employees as well, they're very open to migrant workers. This is in Nagoya (at least). The language is a barrier but being around locals 24/7 makes it faster to learn. I mean, have you tried going to (Jap-inspired) KTV bars in Malate? Ask some of the ladies how they learned Japanese so fluently Hehe

But kidding aside, Japan's culture I think is adaptable.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Saan sa Canada bro? Been to BC and Alberta medyo boring din. On the plus side, kahit saan halos lumingon mukhang postcard.
    Canada is my 2nd choice because it's the 'safest'. And you're not gonna feel homesick because of all the pinoys there. But yes, BC is kinda boring. Boring in a sense that there is nothing to do outside the house.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    ako new zealand at icelandq

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    retirement: pilipins Country for migrationCountry for migrationCountry for migration

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Paano ba mag migrate? Just file an intent or kelangan may work muna?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Paano ba mag migrate? Just file an intent or kelangan may work muna?

They have online assessment process. You need to reach a certain score to be qualified. Age, immediate relatives, technical skills and language proficiency is important. Some would require IELTS results.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    They have online assessment process. You need to reach a certain score to be qualified. Age, immediate relatives, technical skills and language proficiency is important. Some would require IELTS results.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Just checked canada's. Yep they require an english proficiency test.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    I am not aware of the racism in Japan. Are there particular areas where this is rampant?

In my experience, being friends and meeting new acquaintances with business owners and employees as well, they're very open to migrant workers. This is in Nagoya (at least). The language is a barrier but being around locals 24/7 makes it faster to learn. I mean, have you tried going to (Jap-inspired) KTV bars in Malate? Ask some of the ladies how they learned Japanese so fluently Hehe

But kidding aside, Japan's culture I think is adaptable.

My wife and I spent a considerable time in Japan. we studied for our masters and doctorates there. There is racism. Apart from what our landlady said were "ignorant" Japanese and some crazy right-wingers (rare, but still occurs) the most common are discrimination against non-caucasians/whites. True story, there wwas a wanted ad for an English teacher, but between a brown-skinned Pinoy (with BS in English Literature) vs a white Spaniard (atrocious accent in church and while his English is passable, our Pinoy priest would rather converse with him in Spanish), guess who gets the job? The school will take the latter in order to maintain that "foreign ambience/vibe".

We have some Japanese language training (reading, writing, speaking and even typing), and can do "some" basic conversation or at least ask/follow directions, buy stuff, go to a doctor (our son was born there), fill out forms and read some signs. Still I think living and working in Japan is a big challenge, that this would be the last country in our mind to migrate to (visits are ok though). One needs maybe at least N3 at JPLT to even get a proper/decent job.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    My wife and I spent a considerable time in Japan. we studied for our masters and doctorates there. There is racism. Apart from what our landlady said were "ignorant" Japanese and some crazy right-wingers (rare, but still occurs) the most common are discrimination against non-caucasians/whites. True story, there wwas a wanted ad for an English teacher, but between a brown-skinned Pinoy (with BS in English Literature) vs a white Spaniard (atrocious accent in church and while his English is passable, our Pinoy priest would rather converse with him in Spanish), guess who gets the job? The school will take the latter in order to maintain that "foreign ambience/vibe".

We have some Japanese language training (reading, writing, speaking and even typing), and can do "some" basic conversation or at least ask/follow directions, buy stuff, go to a doctor (our son was born there), fill out forms and read some signs. Still I think living and working in Japan is a big challenge, that this would be the last country in our mind to migrate to (visits are ok though). One needs maybe at least N3 at JPLT to even get a proper/decent job.
    Thanks for the insight. Eye-opener for me. Have always wanted to migrate to Japan and even retire there, too.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    Thanks for the insight. Eye-opener for me. Have always wanted to migrate to Japan and even retire in there, too.

this is one of my favorite channels...enjoy

https://youtu.be/Pxf8Bf1V0is

https://youtu.be/l3ifRE7BQiM

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Country for migration