New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Would anybody know kung may coding ba during the holidays? .. pasama na rin yung Dec 24 kahit hindi siya declared na holiday ..

I'm getting conflicting feedback kesyo meron daw kesyo wala.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The rule is there's no coding on non-working holidays - regular or special, unless it's declared otherwise. December 24 is not a holiday; hence coding is up.

So far, I have not heard news about otherwise.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3939[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Akala ko IT work-related....

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    The rule is there's no coding on non-working holidays - regular or special, unless it's declared otherwise. December 24 is not a holiday; hence coding is up.

darn .. that sucks .. oh well ..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005

Oh, my coding day is Wednesday. Since it's the Christmas eve, it's likely that the management would declare half day. And, I would be stuck in Makati until 7:00 PM. I think I'd file a vacation leave.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3944[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hey, dont forget a FREE TOLL PASS on those dates as well..

hehe yearly naman nangyayari yun di ba? heheh

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If memory serves, they just announced this morning that coding is lifted from 25 Dec 08 to 01 Jan 09.

Can anyone verify this? I was still a bit groggy when I was driving this morning and I heard it on the radio

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005

For UVVRP rules, check Huli Ka! blog.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3950[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by karlbo View Post
    hey, dont forget a FREE TOLL PASS on those dates as well..

hehe yearly naman nangyayari yun di ba? heheh
    bro kung di ako nagkakamali, effective lang yan ng 11pm of december 24 to 6 am of december 25 and 11pm of december 31 to 6am of january 1.

konswelo de bobo, gagawin kung kelan biihira na tumatakbo sa kalye

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    If memory serves, they just announced this morning that coding is lifted from 25 Dec 08 to 01 Jan 09.

Can anyone verify this? I was still a bit groggy when I was driving this morning and I heard it on the radio
    Ito sir, hot from the news this pm.

MANILA, Philippines -- For eight straight days, from Christmas to New Year’s, motorists will enjoy a respite as the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Monday announced the suspension of the number coding scheme for the holidays.

In a phone interview, Angelito Vergel de Dios, MMDA Traffic Operations Center executive director, said there would be no number coding from December 25, a regular holiday, to January 1.

He said that whenever a holiday is declared -- whether regular or nonworking -- the number coding scheme is automatically lifted.

Malacañang earlier announced that December 25 and 30 are regular holidays while December 26, 29 and 31 are special nonworking holidays.

Vergel de Dios said their traffic enforcers would remain on duty throughout the long break even though they expect the number of vehicles on the streets of the metropolis to decrease as people go home to the provinces.

At the same time, he advised the public to expect heavy traffic on December 24 along Roxas Boulevard, from Rizal Park to the Mall of Asia, because this is where the motorcade of participants in the Metro Manila Film Festival Parade of Stars is expected to pass.

Number coding is a traffic scheme that seeks to decongest traffic in Metro Manila. Vehicles with plate numbers ending in 1 and 2 are banned from the road on Monday; 3 and 4 on Tuesday; 5 and 6 on Wednesday; 7 and 8, Thursday; and 9 and 0, Friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Coding during the Holidays