New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I usually stay at the Marriot when I'm at Cebu for work. Easy access to the malls and close to some night spots (Ayala Center and Crossroads). Taking a cab is very easy and the city is relatively small so you can get around easy as well.

Si GlennSter familiar din sa Cebu... este... familiar pala sa Cebuana.

PAL Cebu flights usually get delayed (for me)... Cebu Pacific is ok.

Take also the Supercat from the pier to BOHOL!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check all airlines, minsan nagooffer sila ng cheap rates kung very early or very late flights or the "dead-time" flight sked.....often Mla-Cebu trip cheap ang 5am....Cebu-Mla yun naman 3am and the last flight back to manila.....pero depende sa season...just check them all.

Night life...INFINITY (yata ang name) ng videoke bar na ito with GRO's that you can "NEGOTIATE" everything (as in everything)....this is near the ayala complex.

Good massage (no *** dito...just clean massage) can be obtained sa HOLIDAY...around P450 yata (if not 400).

Hotel...what's your budget? kung walang upper limit go 5stars (mentioned above). Kung limited budget...okay na ang MANGO hotel (along Mango Road) and CASTLE PEAK ...both are a bit far from Ayala (mga minimum lang naman sa Taxi - 3to5km lang) I have stayed on both and they have friendly rates and okay naman ang room.

Sa lahug area (tapat ng shangrila) merun din mga inuman with lots of beautiful chicks na umiistambay (forgot the name of the place).

Foods...of course sea foods...halos pare-pareho ang mga ihawan dun....however don't miss the CEBU LECHON and Balbakua - the best!!!

Sa beach - shangrila and plantation bay would rank well in the top list...tambuli is cheaper but not necessarily as beautiful than the two.

Try inter-island resorts in Cebu (there's a good one I heard but I forgot the name....its a small island about 15mins mini-boat ride from Lapu-lapu). Maganda ang bantayan island beaches...very barrio and serene - if you want to ride a fokker plane (its about 20mins) from cebu airport.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    depende ilang araw ka doon.. definitely the cheapest if 3 days 2 nights ka or so doon is the PALAKBAYAN promo by PAL..

at around 7K++ w/out tax pwede ka na nga sa waterfront lahug. for 3 days 2 nights plus airfare and airport hotel airport transfer.

or you could opt for cebu pacific, and stay at the cebu midtown at half the price i think or P1400/night.

i always go to cebu for short trips through PALAKBAYAN.

opppsss... wala na ata yung mga palakbayan na hotels, i checked the site ngayon lang puro na beach resorts yung kasama sa package. www.philippineair.com - click mo dun sa fares and promos - holiday package
    Last edited by pissword; October 19th, 2005 at 09:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    re plantation bay...the last time i visited was about a little less than a year after it opened. true, the facilities are indeed world class, pero na turn off ako sa mismong pools nila. what they did was make small pools and let the seawater in. problem is, medyo stagnant ung tubig, kaya pag apak mo sa pool e madulas because of all the moss. and stagnant water tends to get smelly. ewan ko lang kung ginawan na nila ng paraan

mas sanay kasi ako sa "traditional" beach D)

btw, about Tops...the inclines are pretty steep in some parts, especially ung last 100 meters or so approaching the top. kung medyo marami kayo, better bring a big car(with a lot of horses). dun nga namin na experience first hand ung power(or lack thereof) ng 1.6L LiteAce B). in fairness, it was already at least 5-7 years old, and it managed to haul around 7-9 people up to the top, pero somewhere along the way we smelt something burning :D( i loved that van though, would've bought it sana)

mas maganda nga pala kung pumunta kayo ng mga dusk, para kita ung city lights.
    Last edited by badkuk; October 19th, 2005 at 10:03 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Salamat sa mga recommendations. Siguro mga 5days 4nights kami dun.

knight23: ndi ata kaya ng budget naming sa marriot, more or less magakano ba per night dyan? Pano ba puntahan ang Bantayan at Malapascua island? and san ba ang BTC at Crossroads?

chua riwap: pasensya na, ano yun Su-to-kil?

badkuk: salamat sa mga suggestions. May idea ka ba kung magkano sa Cebu Midtown?

bluegirl: sa isang buwan pa naman, gusto lang namin na medyo prepared para walang makalimutang gawin. Natatandaan mo pa ba kung magkano sa cebu grand hotel?

konde: haha mahirap yan baka mahuli pa kami, ok pa ang danggit

russpogi: salamat sa tip sir, subukan ko magtanong ulit sa cebu pacific, sabi kasi sa akin 6500php roundtrip taxes included. Nakita ko naman sa website ng airphils around 2600php oneway, ok ba dito? Subukan ko mag post ng pic pag balik.

Vinj: salamat sir

Wildthing: haha, sir ayos sa tip ah. Ok ba sa castle peak? Nakita ko around 1200php/night meron pa bang comparable dito? Subukan namin ang cebu lechon, pero ano yun balbakua?

Pissword: sayang nga sir, malayo ba ang crown regency sa ayala center?

Salamat ulit sa mga info. Kung meron pa kayo post nyo lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    re plantation bay...the last time i visited was about a little less than a year after it opened. true, the facilities are indeed world class, pero na turn off ako sa mismong pools nila. what they did was make small pools and let the seawater in. problem is, medyo stagnant ung tubig, kaya pag apak mo sa pool e madulas because of all the moss. and stagnant water tends to get smelly. ewan ko lang kung ginawan na nila ng paraan

I think that's the reason why someone died there before (drowned)... he slipped in and couldnt stand up. CMIIW

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not sure about the rates these days sir j3d...medyo out of touch na kasi ako B)

SuTuKil - Sugba(ihaw), Tuwa(a kind of soup), Kilaw(cooked in vinegar)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    btw, ngayon ko lang naalala...there's this small eatery that's literally on the mountainside called Isla Foods. it looks like your typical carinderia here, pero supposedly the best seafood resto in town. nung kumain kami, there were these tables reserved by some politician; so i guess marami talaga nasasarapan dun, even the rich folk.

kalimutan ko na ung daan, pero it's somewhere along the way of and beyond Cebu Plaza. Dun ko unang nasubukan ung "native" scallops .Ok pa presyo

the area itself is pretty isolated and dark; medyo nakakailang actually. pero wala naman akong nababalitaan about the place -- tsaka hindi rin kami dadalhin dun if there was even the slightest hint of danger

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sa cebu grand i think around 1200-1500?with free breakfast na un..medyo magugulat ka lang sa selections kasi ang konti...hehehe..pero pwede narin...malapit narin naman sa ayala center,1-3 blocks away ata...yung su-to-kil alam ko parang seafood resto na pipiliin mo yung gusto mo den saka iluluto...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j3d

russpogi: salamat sa tip sir, subukan ko magtanong ulit sa cebu pacific, sabi kasi sa akin 6500php roundtrip taxes included. Nakita ko naman sa website ng airphils around 2600php oneway, ok ba dito? Subukan ko mag post ng pic pag balik.

Ok naman daw Air Philippines pero I haven't tried that airline personally. Mas gusto ko Cebu Pacific kse most of the time, on time sila, not like PAL as mentioned above, late most of the time! hehehe! Try calling Cebu Pacific again and ask if they have the late night/early morning flights, refered to as "dead time" as mentioned. Ms tipid yun!

Panalo talaga lechon Cebu!!!! SARAP!! btw, ang lechon ng mga bisaya walang sarsa kse seasoned na sya. SARAP NUN!!!

Syet!! Gusto ko na din pumunta sa Cebu ule!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Cebu