New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Ganda sana arrival time ng CX sa SFO, 10:00am.

PAL kasi 6:30pm arrival, sayang na 1 day.

Bro boybi,- I beg to disagree here.

Mas maganda sa pakiramdam sa katawan ang biyahe ng PAL, based on our limited experiences, dahil direct flight at halos walang jet lag. And, you get to sleep a little during the 13-hour night flight. Like travel time is 13 hours + waiting time is 3 hours + land travel is 2 hours + preparation is 1 hour = 19 hours

Kung Cathay/Delta/ other airlines,- travel time is significantly more than that because you need to travel to HK/ Japan(for Delta) first and wait there for another 2-3 hours layover for your flight to the US. So total time is in the vicinity of 22-23 hours, including those that I listed above...Plus, wife and myself find it very hard to sleep during the HK/Japan to SFO leg of the flight.

Although, if you have connecting flights going to other states in the US, IMO, it is better to fly Delta. This is because they now charge $25ish per check-in baggage for Domestic flights. If it's Delta, then you do not pay this as this is part of your 'international itinerary' and your baggages, when checked-in is 'all the way through". With PAL or Cathay, you have to get your baggages and do another round of check-in for your Domestic US flight. So much hassle, IMO.

OT: One more thing, wife and myself love the business class seats of Cathay. What with the cubicle-type arrangement (and you take off/land while seating diagonally). Plus the food is good. I think the seating scheme for business class is pretty innovative.... (And, their business lounges, especially in HongKong is oh so awesome.... )

11.1K:transform:
    Last edited by CVT; October 29th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    mahirap pag recline ng recline sa long trip, lalaki tyan mo

E di tumayo ka muna pagkakain.. Then, punta ka ng lavatory... :hysterical:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

E di tumayo ka muna pagkakain.. Then, punta ka ng lavatory... :hysterical:

pwede rin mag sit-up sa aisle.

ako hinde ako na jetlag pagpapunta, sleep pattern is the same with American time na kung gabi tulog agad pag umaga gising, pero pag bumalik na dito doon ang grabeng jetlag ko tulog ako whole day as in gabi na ang gising. then whole night hinde na makatulog.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT
    OT: One more thing, wife and myself love the business class seats of Cathay. What with the cubicle-type arrangement (and you take off/land while seating diagonally). Plus the food is good. I think the seating scheme for business class is pretty innovative.... (And, their business lounges, especially in HongKong is oh so awesome.... )
    Sayang, don't have budget for business class. Baka may Asiamiles ka dyan, pa-arbor nalang for our family trip next year. ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    mahirap pag recline ng recline sa long trip, lalaki tyan mo
    In your case, it won't make much of a difference anymore.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Sayang, don't have budget for business class. Baka may Asiamiles ka dyan, pa-arbor nalang for our family trip next year. ;)
    Bro.,- a couple of times lang namin nagamit ang Cathay for the past 5 years. Iyong isa sa Beijing trip pa last 2008. I understand that their frequent flyer's program (Marco Polo) is a paid subscription...

Iyon namang sa Delta, round trip to the US, is 120,000 miles na plus may expiration na.... Used to be 60,000 miles nuong NorthWest pa siya at walang expiration.... Kaya ngayong Delta,- mapipilitan kang gamitin.....Pero, madali siyang ma-claim....

PAL,- mahirap mag-claim ng free flight. Maaasar ka na lang kaya hindi mo na itutuloy.. :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro.,- a couple of times lang namin nagamit ang Cathay for the past 5 years. Iyong isa sa Beijing trip pa last 2008. I understand that their frequent flyer's program (Marco Polo) is a paid subscription...

Iyon namang sa Delta, round trip to the US, is 120,000 miles na plus may expiration na.... Used to be 60,000 miles nuong NorthWest pa siya at walang expiration.... Kaya ngayong Delta,- mapipilitan kang gamitin.....Pero, madali siyang ma-claim....

PAL,- mahirap mag-claim ng free flight. Maaasar ka na lang kaya hindi mo na itutuloy.. :hysterical:

sa PAL you just need a LOT of patience and dapat way ADVANCE booking to be able to claim your free flight.

nakapag claim na ako before sa PAL ng several round trip sa HK and 1 one way to US and another 1 way to OZ.

yun lang nga yun really need to block yun schedule mo dahil kailangan months in advance yun schedule flight mo dahil pag malapit sa flight mo ikaw mag claim laging wala ng available.

problema lang sa mga months in advance na bookings eh hinde mo naman alam kung anong mangyayari by that time, kaya never pa ako naka subok nun cheap price ng Cebu pacific since ang tagal-tagal dapat yun advance booking mo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nasubukan ko rin yan, masarap nga ang food, sa economy tinapay lang Masarap rin mga noodles sa Cathay Pacific lounge sa Hong Kong, at pwede ka kumuha unlimited Haagen Dazs ice cream pero napansin ko lang sa Business class nila, pag medyo mataba ka mahihirapan ka rin e

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Are Cathay Pacific's seats for long haul flights that horrible?