New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Are there many car related crimes in cebu? I'm from cebu but i want to know if carjacking is getting common, or whatever. Has anyone heard of carjackings in cebu, or car burglary, etc? So just we know what to look out for.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, there are hardly any recorded car jacking.

cebu is too small and would require you roro travel to transfer the vehicle offshore...mabusisi at madaling mahabol ng authorities.

my boss is a native of cebu and he have yet to see a problem like that there.

mas less corrupt din ang pulis dun compared to manila cops.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Some idiot tried to carnap my uncle's friend's car a few years back. Since Cebu is so small, the Police were able to trace and recover the vehicle in about 48 hours. Galing noh? Again as wildthing mentioned, "Cebu is too small and would require you roro travel to transfer the vehicle offshore...mabusisi at madaling mahabol ng authorities."

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas common ang motorcyclenapping (tama ba ang word na ito?) instead of carnapping in cebu. That's why checkpoints are common to inspect the documents of motorcycles.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Good to know this. Piece of mind lang. I've read so many carnapping threads here and I don't want to be a victim also.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Good to know this. Piece of mind lang. I've read so many carnapping threads here and I don't want to be a victim also.

Car crimes in cebu?