New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    nice quiet place tong area na to. we used to camp there. naka-tent lang kami. meron pa kami kasabay na parang girl scouts from germany yata.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WOOOH!!! :insomnia: tagal na nitong thread ko ah. hehehe

I was there almost every weekend for fishing after I posted this thread back in '02, unfortunately haven;t been back for the past 1-1/2 yr....
    Last edited by shadow; February 27th, 2008 at 11:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    WOOOH!!! :insomnia: tagal na nitong thread ko ah. hehehe

I was there almost every weekend for fishing after I posted this thread back in '02, unfortunately haven;t been back for the past 1-1/2 yr....

Ngek! Bro,- I did not notice the date you originally posted.... Reason why I was puzzled by your question, because I remember from a previous thread that you regularly go there to bass fish....

on me....

So, it was cutedoc who was inquiring this time......

5505:home:
    Last edited by CVT; February 27th, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi Shadow,

I'm planning to take my son fishing this summer. How do I go about it in Caliraya?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how young is your son? do you intend to really go on full blown fishing? I mean rent a boat and go around the lake to fish? if you and your son are novivce in fishing I think it's better to start off fishing along the shore.... you can call and ask lagos del sol if they still have the day tour and you can fish from their fishing area, just ask them and if you don't have the tackles I think you can rent it from them....

unfortunately as CVT have mentioned hilltop is already closed, it is also a good place to start your son into fishing, in hilltop they have this man made lake and you can fish around that lake...this will be easier for first timers...and bait is available from them too...they have a resto there that you can have your catch cook...and what is nice with hilltop is that you can catch a variety of fishes... (tilapia, hito, bass, etc.)

now if you intend to rent a boat and really go on a full blown bass fishing, just make sure you have the complete tackles, clothes, accessories, food, lures etc I mean you have to be equipt for bass fishing and it's not easy with all the casting and reeling...not to mentioned you'll be under the sun the whole day, you just need to negotiate directly with the boatmen for the rate of their boat for whole day fishing...

anyway, just call these numbers and inquire I'm not sure is these numbers are still working though...

btw, where are you from? maybe there's a fishing area near your place...

lagos del sol-09195400758
    hilltop-09175361166, 2425969(landline)

boatmen
    odie-09197957273
    rudy-09187067146

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nice pala me fishing din dito we might try the rapids at pagsanjan as well

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    how young is your son? do you intend to really go on full blown fishing? I mean rent a boat and go around the lake to fish? if you and your son are novivce in fishing I think it's better to start off fishing along the shore.... you can call and ask lagos del sol if they still have the day tour and you can fish from their fishing area, just ask them and if you don't have the tackles I think you can rent it from them....

unfortunately as CVT have mentioned hilltop is already closed, it is also a good place to start your son into fishing, in hilltop they have this man made lake and you can fish around that lake...this will be easier for first timers...and bait is available from them too...they have a resto there that you can have your catch cook...and what is nice with hilltop is that you can catch a variety of fishes... (tilapia, hito, bass, etc.)

now if you intend to rent a boat and really go on a full blown bass fishing, just make sure you have the complete tackles, clothes, accessories, food, lures etc I mean you have to be equipt for bass fishing and it's not easy with all the casting and reeling...not to mentioned you'll be under the sun the whole day, you just need to negotiate directly with the boatmen for the rate of their boat for whole day fishing...

anyway, just call these numbers and inquire I'm not sure is these numbers are still working though...

btw, where are you from? maybe there's a fishing area near your place...

lagos del sol-09195400758
    hilltop-09175361166, 2425969(landline)

boatmen
    odie-09197957273
    rudy-09187067146
    Many thanks for the information.

My son is 7 going 8. He just said out of the blue that he wants to try fishing. First thing that came to mind was Caliraya.

Lagos del sol is perfect. I had stayed there in the early 90s. Will give them a call.

Thanks again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no problem...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    wow, matagal-tagal na din yung huling punta ko sa caliraya re-creation center. ok dito, sakay ka ng bangka para tumawid sa kabilang pampang.
    mayroon silang watersports, swimming pool, basketball, tilapia fishing pond.
    overnight accomodations with 3 meals plus meriendas. may additional fees
    nga pala yung watersports at tilapia fishing.
    wohooo dito ako this weekend

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    I was just in Caliraya two weeks ago for an overnight camping at "Surf Kamp". This is the place where the winsurfers, kite surfers and jetski enthusiasts go! Grabe lakas ng hangin saka medyo nag dri-drizzle at minsan medyo malakas na ulan... Sana ngayon di na ganun ang weather...

Their overnight stay is 150petot if you have your own tent...Walang kuryente dito talagang nature tripping! Ang may kuryente lang are the restrooms... It is located after the Botanical/Japanese Garden and before Lagos Del Sol. They also have windsurfing classes for 2000petot for the whole day but you have to book in advance... They also rent out fishing boats...You can also rent their huts and tents of you need...

If you are interested, you can call the owner:
    "Sir Marco" at 0921-3521742

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
caliraya