New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice! Probably also with taxpayer's money. Ü. Nxt thing you'll hear, di nabayaran kuryente ng barangay. Ü

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we were in boracay last march to celebrate our youngest daughter's bday. we stayed there for a week. we opted to stay at boracay best western tropics, far from the beach as we are the type who can not sleep with loud music around. it was not too far from the beach, just a short walk or P30 trisikad ride. and we were glad to have stayed there as it was far from the noise of the establishments on the beach. and the staff were very accommodating and attentive.

as for the beach and sea, malumot nga kahit kakaumpisa pa lang ng summer. one probable cause of lumot is high nitrate content (i.e., fertilizer, as in sewage) of the water. although i do not think they discharge raw sewage to the sea and that they have septic tanks, i will not doubt that seepage from the septic tanks is finding its way to the beach (where else will it go?). one needs to go maybe 50 meters from the shoreline to be free of the lumot. from end to end there is no stretch of beach that did not have a hotel behind it. and the beach is crowded. madami lang nga russian, australian and korean eye candies kaya di ko pansin masyado na crowded hehehehe!

meron ulit sand castles last march. a picture taking session requires a "donation" of P100. ok lang yun for me, the guys who made them do have to earn a living.

sarap ng parasailing, though the ride was too short. 15 minutes lang yata. ang nakakatawa lang e nahiya ako mag-wiwi sa dagat while waiting for the parasailing boat as there were this group of russian girls on the raft. kaya nung andun na ko sa taas di ko na napigilan hehehe. tawa ng tawa misis ko sa akin. buti na lang may obligatory dip into the sea when the parasail was pulled in nahugasan yung shorts ko hahahaha!

yung resort na "maganda" mentioned in page 1 does not belong to pacquiao's friend. it belongs to pacquiao. pinagiba nga daw yung portions na nag-encrouched sa coral formations. they had the corrals cemented over so that they could build terraces and patios and even some rooms. the philippine property law, afaik, does not allow anyone to title any land, be it beach or mountain, within 20 meters from the highest tide mark. the whole property, on a ledge of a hill, is technically within that 20 meter limit. also i would not say it is "maganda". pangit kaya yung location as there is no beach at all. it was on a shear cliff. when we were there the jetty that the pacman built for his yatch and i think 2 or 3 of the structures he built on the corrals had been demolished.
    Last edited by yebo; August 4th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sewage ang problema daw sa isla, may treatment plant na maliit pero di daw kaya dahil sa dami. Yung 25m+5m na zoning nila mukhang may problema mukhang namemera yung Mayor. Kanda bulol sa mga tanong ni Ted Failon kahapon.

Yung isang hotel (kalimutan ko name) nung 1st list andun nung 2nd list wala na, kasi swimming pool lang naman daw ang sumobra. ang punto basta lumagpas ka sa 25+5 tatabasin.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I dont know if the "lumot" you guys are talking about is what the lumot I am also referring to.

There are two types of floating lumot along the shores of Boracay now. The first one is looking like dried grass, ocean reeds, or seaweed. The other one is akin to the look of freshwater lumot. The type one sees when the freshwater aquarium is long overdue for cleaning.

The reed type lumot has always been present, since way back the early 80's when I first went there, I can attest to that. But the aquarium type lumot just manifested when Boracay became too commercialized.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; August 5th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    For me, it's the green hair-like thing. Like those hanging from the outriggers of the pumpboats.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The thing that looks like a mass of green fine wool.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^

Those were not there way back in the 80's. Sicogon was the island of choice way before, then Boracay stole the limelight. From what I heard thru the grapevine, after laying dormant for a good number of years, Sicogon is making a bid to comeback. We'll see.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234