New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for the info Ma'am. However, I don't know the booking confirmation numbers and I'm sure the criminals were using different email ad for the transactions. So the confirmation numbers were not sent to my email add. Do you have any idea Ma'am from where I could retrieve the booking confirmation numbers? Citibank only provided me the authorization codes. Maraming salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^weird. do not pay the contested amount. let them rot.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My sis went to the local Cebu Pacific office where the tickets were issued and raised hell. The gave her the names of the passengers.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ako tinext na din ng citibank asking me to call their hotline because they think my credit card's compromised.

I did and they gave me a new credit card. When I asked what happened, ayaw naman sabihin...
    Last edited by praetor91313; December 15th, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for the infos Sir/Ma'am. I'll surely post the name/s here of those criminal/s after I get the list from Cebu Pac.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Buti pa BPI Card kasi they call the card holder prior to approving the online transaction. Citibank (my sister's CC) didn't. Tapos Citibank said they will investigate the matter within 60 days.

My sister also reported these transactions to the NBI. Ano pa kaya pwede niyang gawin?
    I have both BPI and Citibank and i am using them to all my online airline booking and i can have a transaction as high as 80K but they never called me to confirm if i am really the one making the booking maybe because i am the passenger or one of the passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I think that PAL does this, but not Cebu Pac since I've traveled a couple of times via Cebu Pac and all I showed was the booking details and my driver's license.

Regarding the TS's problem, you can call the credit card company and inform them that you want a "chargeback" against that specific transaction. With a chargeback, the CC company will withhold payment to CP and launch an investigation. If it is proven that the transaction was fraudulent, the amount charged will be credited back. The CC company and CP can then go after the fraudsters.

BTW, does the TS know anyone from that group? If not, I know one possibility of how this happened. Remember how some establishments request for an ID before they honor the CC? has the CC owner provided an ID that was taken away for a while and then returned back?

This is the reason I don't easily give my ID when I make a CC purchase. I demand that the ID inspection be done in front of me; I never allow my ID to be taken away form me and brought to a place I can't see what people are doing with it. I also disallow details such as my home address being written down. If the establishment insists, I tell them that I can dictate the ID number, but I won't give other details. If it's really a necessity, I use a card whose billing address is different from my home adress. It's also one reason why I try not to use my home address as the CC billing address.
    Ang masama pwedeng yung passenger hindi din nila tunay na pangalan yun kasi pwede naman silang magpagawang fake ids. pero di ko maimagine kung gaano sila ka-anxious nung nagbibiyahe sila. kung mag-hack man ako di ko siguro sa ganitong paraan gagamitin. natakot tuloy ako kasi meron nagapproach sa na citibank employee sa T3 nakuha niya details ko at CC number.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Beware: Fraudulent Cebu Pacific online transaction!