New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last New Year lang eh nagbalikan kami ng Baguio. Kennon paakyat by accident (doon ako tinuro ng GPS at ayaw kasi ng nanay ko sa Kennon, nakakatakot daw), Marcos pababa. Di naman matarik ang Kennon para sa akin. Mas palusong pa nga ang Marcos para sa akin. Ang pangit lang sa Kennon ngayon ay ginagawa ang kalsada. Kelangan lang eh ma-timing mong naka-go ang paakyat na lane papunta doon para hindi ka titigil nang matagal sa kalsada.

Yun Avanza mo sir ay kaya yan umakyat. May kasabayan pa nga akong motor sa Kennon paakyat ng Baguio eh

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung mga tricycle may driver and 5 passengers at 2 sakong bigas sa bubong kaya e.

kung gusto mo talaga masubukan climbing ability ng kotse mo idala mo dun sa asin road (left turn sa naguilian yung Y na intersection). 30-40% grade all the way, pumapatag lang sa loob ng tunnels at ibabaw ng bridges. kitid pa ng lintek na yun. at pag andun ka na sa mga hot spring resorts mas matarik pa yung papasok sa mga resorts. muntik ko na paglakarin mga sakay ko e.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Will be going up to Baguio this Friday. Are there still repairs on going in Kennon?

- - - Updated - - -

Will be going up to Baguio this Friday. Are there still repairs on going in Kennon?

- - - Updated - - -

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
    Just take Marcos Hiway. Safer and easier to drive. (although you dont get to see the lion head)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
    Just take Marcos Hiway. Safer and easier to drive. (although you dont get to see the lion head)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    marami rami pa sir. if you'll be passing kennon in the wee hours, pwede siguro but if during daytime, then i would suggest you take marcos highway. pero when went to Baguio last Dec 30, noontime at Kennon was not troublesome, except for one 10 minute stop midway. took us almost an hour to reach the town proper.

- - - Updated - - -

marami rami pa sir. if you'll be passing kennon in the wee hours, pwede siguro but if during daytime, then i would suggest you take marcos highway. pero when went to Baguio last Dec 30, noontime at Kennon was not troublesome, except for one 10 minute stop midway. took us almost an hour to reach the town proper.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    Will be taking Marcos. And just visiting the lion's head some other time while we're still in Baguio, not going down. Tapos take Marcos back down.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be taking Marcos. And just visiting the lion's head some other time while we're still in Baguio, not going down. Tapos take Marcos back down.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post

Yup,- that is what we do too most of the time,- Marcos Hiway going up and down. During our stay we go to Kennon Road (observation deck and then lion's head), and back again to Baguio City....

17.8K:snow:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which is the same time it'll take to go through Marcos Highway, approximately 1 hour in easy driving conditions. Kennon on a regular traffic day, with no repairs, is around 40mins, easy driving as well. Those who are familiar with the road and don't encounter too many slow vehicles can cut that down to half.

I wouldn't advice taking Kennon at night if there are a lot of repairs and you're not familiar with it. I already experienced running out of road after taking a curb when i went up one late night. It was a new digging with no warning signs or lights, right after a blind righthander. Good thing i was able to correct my line and center the car between the hukay portion and the paved portion since the car i was driving was high enough to clear the drop/gap between the two. Also at night, on the one-laner construction areas, you won't be sure if there will be traffic aides to direct traffic so it will be a hassle if you and another car meet up halfway inbetween.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Went to Baguio last CNY Weekend. Both Kennon and Marcos HW are okay.

Encountered moderate to somewhat heavy traffic going there in the Tollgates (NLEX, SCTEX and TPLEX) at very heavy traffic in Sison, Pangasinan just before the bridge.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Best Route to Baguio [Merged]