New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Where is this located? I've heard about this hotel before but don't have any real stories to make me be their future guest.

Have you tried this hotel? Any insights you want to share about Sofitel?
    Hotel Sofitel is previously known as Philippine Plaza Hotel located at the reclamation area near the Cultural Center & Folk Arts Theater.

The gardens and pool is great. The buffet there is one of the better ones in the city. Great view of Manila Bay or of Roxas Blvd.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Thanks GH.

Holiday Inn...ummm??? Pass. I'm sure it may have a good rep in RP but it has a cheesy reputation as far as Int'l hotel chains are concerned.

Crowne Plaza belongs to the Holiday Inn chain as well. Is it new? Never heard any complaints about this hotel from anyone so I guess this is worth checking out. Got any idea if their in-house restaurants are any better than those around the area?

Any links?
    It's new.

Crowne Plaza:
    http://www.crowneplaza.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/mnlcp

Other info:
    http://www.clickthecity.com/hotel/detail.asp?hrid=1293

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Shangrila Manila gets my vote.

If you can avoid Intercontinental Manila, avoid it. Why? I've got some bad experiences there. The guests, are so....lets just say, sensitive. Especially the foreigners, haha....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I would like to recommend SOFITEL.

Their resto - SPIRAL is the best among the rest. I had a blast sa sobrang dami ng food, breakfast and lunch pa lang ako naka-try but i think the dinner is awesome too. I think they have the longest line of food on their buffet.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^ yeah! me also i recommend sofitel.. their resto is one of the best buffet here.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    shangrila (makati or edsa) or crowne plaza.
    they have good food, and are pretty close to malls other points of interest.

i have to disagree with sofitel, food poisioning 2x there. staff not as good as shangrila.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Makati Shangri-la. Best hotel experience for me. Pricey, but worth every penny. Top notch gym, nice clean breezy pool, world-class room amenities (love the bed and the sheets).

Circles buffet is the best in town. If buffets are not your cup of tea,there are many restaurants in Glorietta, Greenbelt, etc, which are all 5 minutes by foot.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Top tip! try to book your hotels through travel agents and haggle with them. They can get you as much as 40% from the hotels published rate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best Hotel+Restaurant combo in MM?