New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi, just got this from the inquirer and it does open up a lot of possibilities...

Arroyo renames Baguio-Aritao Road
    Now called Baguio-Banaue Road

Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 08:29:00 01/05/2009

Filed Under: Infrastructure
    BOKOD, BENGUET—Baguio City and Banaue town in Ifugao province got some sort of official endorsement as must-see places in the Cordillera Administrative Region when President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo decided to name the newly improved Baguio-Aritao Road the Baguio-Banaue Road.
    She, however, told local officials and contractors that all road networks in the Cordillera must have drainage and slope protection to make them truly an all-weather road system.
    Ms Arroyo, who was with her family in Baguio for the holidays, came here on Dec. 31 to inaugurate the 1.65-kilometer Ambuklao Dam bypass road.
    Improvement project
    The road forms part of the improvement project of the 68.12-km Baguio-Aritao Road that links Baguio, Benguet and Nueva Vizcaya.
    Access to Ifugao via this road cuts travel time from Baguio to Aritao from seven to three hours as the route will skip Pangasinan, Nueva Ecija and parts of Nueva Vizcaya.
    “Baguio-Banaue Road,” Ms Arroyo said when Highways Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane asked her what name she would like the road project to be called.
    It’s because Baguio and Banaue are tourism areas, she said.
    But she reminded local officials to see to it that the drainage and slope protection for all road networks were in place to avert slides and road cuts.
    Strategic location
    The Baguio-Aritao Road forms part of the North Luzon strategic road network that serves the Ilocos and Cagayan Valley regions.
    The Department of Public Works and Highways said Baguio would become a focal point in traveling to the special eco-tourism areas of the Cordillera.
    Vegetable farmers from Cagayan Valley and the Cordillera are also expected to benefit from the road in going to Baguio, considered the center of business and commerce in Northern Luzon. Delmar Cariño, Inquirer Northern Luzon

Just curious , have anybody travelled recently on this road and your comments please..

Thanks and regards

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Magandang Balita ito.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

This is indeed good news. If I am referring to the correct road, I once passed through this rough road and it took us 8 hours(?)+ to reach Banaue... ....

I told myself I won't do it again. It looks like I will, afterall....

OT: They should improve Banaue. It is just too rural or backward for me, a few years back... Maybe, this is just the opinion of myself and my family, but you can always marry being rural and being tourist friendly....

7303:soda:

Baguio-Banaue Road