New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro. staind... ,mayroon ng info ibinigay si bro. sherwintommy....

yep, thx. but i was actually asking feedback on... which is better: Star City or Global Fun Carnival??

not feedback for Global Fun Carnival only. see the title of my post. should've put it in the post mismo for clarity.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    per friends, lang kwenta daw Global Fun Carnival so went to star city yesterday instead. entrance is P450/head for ride-all-you-can + Dino Island + Snow World.

ang lamig sa Snow World!! it's one big freezer with ice sculptures and slide inside, very much like wintertime in the NorthEast minus the snow!! better bring your own jackets as the ones they lend stink!

the much-touted inverted rollercoaster ride was not like Batman the Ride in 6 Flags NJ. it's really small and short and only has one big thrill -- the big drop off at the start. this is only like 1/5th in scale of Batman. puede na rin for the price at maiksi lang ang pila.

went to esplanade afterwards to catch the fireworks and to drink.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you go to Global Fun Carnival, bring along your SM advantage card - 50 pesos discount for the holder.

We went there last wednesday night. Maraming tao. non-kiddie rides were the following:

1) a smallish rollercoaster (parang ito yung sa fiesta carnival dati)
    2) a flying-fiesta esque ride (faster version, but less capacity)
    3) a big ferris wheel (wheel of fate is bigger. passenger loading time is much greater than ride time)
    4) a "slingshot ride" - joker ~ closed when we went there
    5) a rapidly revolving disc with independently rotating passenger cups on it, which then tilts (called a flipper. parang hybrid ng caterpillar at octopus)
    6) the ranger (same as the one in starcity)
    7) bump cars (small area, lots of cars.)

also present were numerous kiddie rides
    ~ mini wild-river/jungle log jam
    ~ mini flying fiesta
    ~ mini anchor's away
    and some other miniature rides

there are some game booths, attractions, and inflatable slides, which aren't covered by the basic 300 pesos ride-all you can fee.

well, here are my comments
    1) the inverter roller-coaster wasn't there anymore

2) ride duration is SEVERELY wanting (as compared to EK)

3) maraming tao. combined with #2, this really, really sucks. Long lines for rides, food, for everything!!!

4) the rides themselves were okay - it's as if everything was made to make you have a headache and migraine (especially the ranger and the joker). #2 severely diminishes enjoyment.

5) people need a wristband and a stamp for the ride-all-you can mode. the booth is right after the entrance. however, there are ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNS/INSTRUCTIONS AT THE ENTRANCE THAT STATES THIS IS NEEDED. People find this out the hard way ~ after lining up for 20 minutes, they are only spurned by the operators, even if they have the ticket. We saw this happen many times.

6) people jump over railings to cheat in lines, the operators don't seem to care.

Star City is much, much better. Parang break-even lang yung binayad ko dito. No point comparing Enchanted Kingdom to global fun carnival.

My friend who got dizzy during the ranger ride, puked inside my ranger. I was left toothbrushing the carpet at 2 am in the morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
amusement park beside MOA