New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is just half of the chocolates. Puno na maleta ko!!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why still buying chocolates for pasalubong, dami na nagtitinda nyan dito?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    some folks feel that chocolates purchased there taste better than the same chocolates purchased here.
    fresher? nearer the factory? less shipping issues? slight differences in regional manufacturing specs to cater to local color taste and/or storage issues?
    urban legend?
    i don't know, but i'll eat them all.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 15th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Iba lasa ng galing US. Kung meron man na US made sa Manila, mahal.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some folks feel that chocolates purchased there taste better than the same chocolates purchased here.
    fresher? nearer the factory? less shipping issues? slight differences in regional manufacturing specs to cater to local color taste and/or storage issues?
    urban legend?
    i don't know, but i'll eat them all.
    It tastes different talaga doc, when I buy chocolates I check to see if it's made in the US. Meron kasi US brand pero made in the region or country where it's sold (for example pag sa asia made I don't buy kasi iba talaga lasa) I know a tsikoteer mentioned the same. Even with Pringles mas masarap ang US made. Pag Cadbury I like UK or Australia. Germany for Kinder

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't bother with pasalubongs anymore, sobrang sayang sa time and pagod lang magbitbit.

Unless may makita akong something extraordinary that one of my loved ones will really really like.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't bother with pasalubongs anymore, sobrang sayang sa time and pagod lang magbitbit.

Unless may makita akong something extraordinary that one of my loved ones will really really like.
    That's my stress every time I go anywhere. Hanggang neighbors may pasalubong (that's how my parents raised me) Wala nga ako dala for myself. Even my clothes I have to ship it to make space for pasalubong. Kaya nagbo box ako para dun na mga stuff ko and for my family

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why give gifts or pasalubongs?
    some authors say that there is this good feeling that is experienced by some of those who receive pasalubongs or gifts. even if the pasalubong is mundane..

not everybody does pasalubongs.
    some do, some do not.
    it's 'personality' at work.

my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Nung umuwi ang daughter ko from US, the chocolates she brought was I think 1/4 of her total luggage weight. Pati si wifey, nung umuwi may extra luggage pa pinahiram ng utol nya, ang laman, things that can be bought here cheaper. Haay, pag napasarap ka nga naman sa Costco.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why give gifts or pasalubongs?
    some authors say that there is this good feeling that is experienced by some of those who receive pasalubongs or gifts. even if the pasalubong is mundane..

not everybody does pasalubongs.
    some do, some do not.
    it's 'personality' at work.

my opinion.
    I just grew up that way. Both my parents are gifters (?), if there's a term hahaha! I have 4 balikbayan boxes for shipping, may pasalubong din for those that I won't meet naman kaagad so their gifts could wait hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Nung umuwi ang daughter ko from US, the chocolates she brought was I think 1/4 of her total luggage weight. Pati si wifey, nung umuwi may extra luggage pa pinahiram ng utol nya, ang laman, things that can be bought here cheaper. Haay, pag napasarap ka nga naman sa Costco.
    Mine is half of my luggage or even more I make sure though that everything I buy here is cheaper than Manila. Kaya when I shop I need my phone with me all the time kasi I compare prices May items nga sa Costco that's almost the same as S&R, pero mura talaga sa US ang vitamins and US brands (shoes, clothes and accessories etc) Ang daming magandang shoes and make up dito pero what for? I am stuck at home in Manila pero dito EVERYDAY nasa mall or store ako and I'm still okay. Samantalang sa Manila, once a month lang lumabas, na covid pa
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 15th, 2022 at 12:08 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PAL business really sucks. And United Air is not far behind. [emoji1787]received_1034099994664419.jpg20230428_223046.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617