New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Briton caught on video not wearing mask claims to be 'sovereign', says charges do not apply to him | The Straits Times
    by Shaffiq Alkhatib
    Aug. 5, 2021

SINGAPORE - A man captured on video not wearing a mask on an MRT train in May told a district court on Thursday (Aug 5) that he is "sovereign", adding, "The charges don't apply to me".

On the first day of his trial, Benjamin Glynn, 40, who is now in remand after his bail of $5,000 was revoked on July 19, said: "I will never plead guilty or not guilty."

The unrepresented Briton also said that he has a "legal counsel", pointing to a man who turned up in court wearing a dark-coloured suit.

It turned out that the man, identified as Mr Abdul Rashid Abdul Rahman, had been his bailor.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Timotheus Koh told the court that Mr Abdul Rashid was not an advocate and solicitor at the Supreme Court of Singapore.

District Judge Eddy Tham said that Mr Abdul Rashid could not represent anybody in Singapore as he had not been called to the bar here.

Addressing the court, Mr Abdul Rashid said that he is an "ambassador-at-large and advocate of Kingdom Filipina Hacienda", and that he was there to defend his "sovereign compatriot".

He also said: "I don't need a licence to practise."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Briton jailed for not wearing mask in public to be deported after release from prison | The Straits Times
    by David Sun
    Aug. 19, 2021

SINGAPORE - Briton Benjamin Glynn is preparing to get deported, after he was released from prison on Wednesday (Aug 18).

The 40-year-old former recruitment consultant was sentenced to six weeks' jail after he was convicted on the same day.

District Judge Eddy Tham found him guilty of two charges under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act, as well as one count each of harassment and being a public nuisance.

The sentence was backdated to July 19, from when he was first remanded.

From July 19 to Aug 4, Glynn was remanded in prison. But the court later ordered him to be remanded at the Institute of Mental Health from Aug 5 to Aug 18 for a psychiatric evaluation.

As his period of remand amounted to more than two-thirds of his sentence, he was allowed to be released from prison on remission almost immediately after he was sentenced.

Convicts can be released on remission for good behaviour after serving two-thirds of their jail term.

But foreigners who are convicted usually have their work passes revoked and are deported after serving their sentence. Foreigners also cannot remain in Singapore without a valid pass.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    img_3549.jpg

It will take some time to open border from ph

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    If we do this here we need more jail facilities to accomodate.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    If we do this here we need more jail facilities to accomodate.

worse than that, sir.
    there won't be enough folks out of jail, to keep the country going.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdoods View Post
    img_3549.jpg

It will take some time to open border from ph
    Do you have link or much clearer photo?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Do you have link or much clearer photo?

FAQ: What you need to know about the new vaccinated travel lanes for Germany and Brunei - CNA

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Thanks just noticed that Brunei is in both category II and vaccinated travel lane.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Matagal pa to. Ph still high risk. 14 days Quarantine.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    mantakin mo ito singapore na new country as in walang sariling language eh number 2 top powerful passport in the world!!!!

and by way top 3 sa chart puro asian

About Singapore