New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    altec,

hmm... my family also knows one of the three victims, siya yata yung latest. she is a close friend of my parents. maybe we are talking about the same person here

man, what a tragedy... who would have thought...
    Mona yung ninang ko. The other two apelido "Tan", from what I heard.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    a news blackout in china is not at all surprising. ung doktor nga na nag expose nung sars problem sa china, ayun, nakakulong pa rin hanggang ngayon.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    OK firstly for information - Canton was re-named Guangzhou (at the same time that Peking became Beijing). It is the provincial capital of Guangdong province which is immediately in-land from Hong Kong (about 2 hours by road or ferry).
    I know beacuse I live there (here) with my Pilipino wife and daughter.

Do we know precisely where they are?

As somebody else has already said, there is no chance of hearing about this on local news because it will be blocked (as are most of the 'free' news websites).

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    OK firstly for information - Canton was re-named Guangzhou (at the same time that Peking became Beijing). It is the provincial capital of Guangdong province which is immediately in-land from Hong Kong (about 2 hours by road or ferry).
    I know beacuse I live there (here) with my Pilipino wife and daughter.

Do we know precisely where they are?

As somebody else has already said, there is no chance of hearing about this on local news because it will be blocked (as are most of the 'free' news websites).
    This thread is more than 2 years old! Patay na siguro sila...RIP.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Chinese govt has a habit of suppressing news about epidemics.

There could be thousands of people dying of something and news of it would never get out of China.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :doh: .....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dati may isang pinay( 2 yrs ago) na ngaing ganyan din at hiningi ng tulong pinansyal ng mga kababayan natin don, pero namatay din siya.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    To those who have plans of travelling to China, as of this May, the 3 pinays in Canton China are now brain dead, only kept alive through machines. The 3 pinays do not know each other, and went to China on different tour groups. One of them who I know very well being my ninang sa kasal, had no high blood or major health problems when the couple left for China over a month ago. All of sudden, she collapsed. When rushed to the hospital, she had a blood clot, a brain hemorrage, suspected to be caused by a viral infection. Surprisingly, we eventually found out that there were 2 other pinays STILL in China hospital, all with the same diagnosis. Tinanong ko kung bird flu virus, they wouldn't tell. The family is rushing their china visa to be at her bedside before they eventually pull the plug.

sir, can you give more details? sa guandong, china kasi ako based.. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i'm also interested to know whatever happened to those 3 pinays...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghalid View Post
    sir, can you give more details? sa guandong, china kasi ako based.. thanks!

Sir, year 2005 pa po yun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
3 pinays brain dead in Canton China