New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    For those toyota vehicle owners with automatic transmission, what ATF brand/specs did you use when you changed your ATF?

I know that the recommended fluid for most AT vehicles is Type-IV, however, do you know of any alternatives? Sa casa lang ba available ang Type-IV na ATF, magkano kaya ito?

Also, how much ATF do I need (liters/quarts) for an 02 Altis?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Im using toyota atf type IV since 2005 pa, never thought of changing it with another.
    Its still efficient and smooth.
    Baket ka nga ba magpapalit? Nasa 400pesos/li na yata ngayon yung toyota atf.
    You can use Royal Purple atf, its type-IV approved.
    Nasa 700pesos/liter price nya dati about 1 year ago.
    You only need 3 liters for a routine drain and refill atf change.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral88 View Post
    Im using toyota atf type IV since 2005 pa, never thought of changing it with another.
    Its still efficient and smooth.
    Baket ka nga ba magpapalit? Nasa 400pesos/li na yata ngayon yung toyota atf.
    You can use Royal Purple atf, its type-IV approved.
    Nasa 700pesos/liter price nya dati about 1 year ago.
    You only need 3 liters for a routine drain and refill atf change.
    Thanks for the info sir!

I am just doing a drain and refill, and I was wondering if it's easier and cheaper to source an alternative to T-IV ATF.
    Baka lang meron readily available sa mga autosupply.

Looks like I'll just stick with the Toyota Type IV as recommended. Do I just walk-in sa casa service area and ask for it?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    Thanks for the info sir!

I am just doing a drain and refill, and I was wondering if it's easier and cheaper to source an alternative to T-IV ATF.
    Baka lang meron readily available sa mga autosupply.

Looks like I'll just stick with the Toyota Type IV as recommended. Do I just walk-in sa casa service area and ask for it?

Thanks!
    Yes sir walk-in ka lang. Just look out for the job order sheet, usually they will charge you with 4 liters atf, which actually you'll only need 3. (-kasalanan ko last time...di ko napansin na 4 liters yung nai-charge na atf sa job sheet, and also yung engine oil...ginawa din nilang 5 liter...which should only be 4liters).
    Kaya nga better...kung bumili ka nalang ng 3li sa casa (around 400/li can), then ipagawa mo sa suking talyer or gas station.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can buy it directly at the CASA parts counter. Better to stick to it indeed.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Try Royal Purple Max ATF, its T-IV. This is what I use in my Hi-ace(Subic) and never had a problem since day 1.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral88 View Post
    Yes sir walk-in ka lang. Just look out for the job order sheet, usually they will charge you with 4 liters atf, which actually you'll only need 3. (-kasalanan ko last time...di ko napansin na 4 liters yung nai-charge na atf sa job sheet, and also yung engine oil...ginawa din nilang 5 liter...which should only be 4liters).
    Kaya nga better...kung bumili ka nalang ng 3li sa casa (around 400/li can), then ipagawa mo sa suking talyer or gas station.
    Thanks for the tip! this is just what I'll do.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Try Royal Purple Max ATF, its T-IV. This is what I use in my Hi-ace(Subic) and never had a problem since day 1.
    Thank you too for the reply sir.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ito sir gerald mas mura. Synthetic na T-IV na din. Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp...s_ImportMV.pdf

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ito sir gerald mas mura. Synthetic na T-IV na din. Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp...s_ImportMV.pdf
    Thanks sir. Check ko kung available ito sa mga Ace Hardware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to find ATF Type-IV alternative?