New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It may seem weird but a bit of shift-shock is actually good for the A/T's longevity. If an A/T transitions to a gear with little or no shift-shock, it may mean that the clutches spends more time rubbing before they actually bite.

Hondas in general have a very 'grabby' A/T. That's why they require a specific ATF... not to mention that their A/T is not of traditional design as it does not use a single planetary gear set. In fact, it shares a lot of its design from a traditional M/T.

But more to the point, a lot of people think that the smoother the shift, the better. That's not always the case. Some would swear by the non-Honda ATF that they use, stating that the shifts have gone smoother than what they were experiencing with OEM fluids. Little do they know that the little stunt they did may have increased the wear on their clutch packs.
    Last edited by oj88; January 18th, 2016 at 12:51 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Neutral..

MT or AT...

pag traffic at full stop. pareho ang procedure, ilagay agad sa N. para iwas strain sa transmission at iwas disgrasya

(accidental release ng clutch kung anong gear ang engaged, or SUA kuno dahil naka D)

Inclined and Steep parking... bago ilagay sa P, galing sa D or R, ilagay muna sa N.. angat ang handbrake, then release the brake pedal...saka ilagay sa P...

para hindi magkaroon ng hard-shift from P going to R or D...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    *jyg1995 thanks.

Another noob question, yung mga kakilala ko lagi ako dine discourage to buy an AT car kasi daw di mo "mahihila" pag nasiraan ka. I don't if they're saying literally or may ibang meaning.

But let's say di mo nga mahihila, base on your answer, it seemed like "mahihila/matutulak" mo naman sya paga naka Neutral? just like a manual transmission right?
    Just want to re-open the thread. Newbie din kasi ako when it comes to A/T cars. Siguro, what they are trying to say, pag na-lowbat ka at nakalagay sa "P" ang transmission mo, you won't be able to put it down. Tama ba ako? Correct me if im wrong. Hahaha!

Sa tucson kasi namin, nagagalaw ko naman yung kambya even if the engine is off. While few weeks ago I tested an all-new montero na naka-display sa mall, hindi ko magalaw yung kambya kahit pindutin ko na yung button sa harap ng stick. Sabi ng sales executive nila, safety feature daw yon. Pag naka-off, hindi mo daw maibababa yung kambya. It's an automatic guys ha baka isipin niyo manual since stick ang term ko. Di ko na kasi maisip. LOL.

So sa isip ko lang, "Ah ganon pala yon pag matic."

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad_Goals View Post
    Just want to re-open the thread. Newbie din kasi ako when it comes to A/T cars. Siguro, what they are trying to say, pag na-lowbat ka at nakalagay sa "P" ang transmission mo, you won't be able to put it down. Tama ba ako? Correct me if im wrong. Hahaha!

Sa tucson kasi namin, nagagalaw ko naman yung kambya even if the engine is off. While few weeks ago I tested an all-new montero na naka-display sa mall, hindi ko magalaw yung kambya kahit pindutin ko na yung button sa harap ng stick. Sabi ng sales executive nila, safety feature daw yon. Pag naka-off, hindi mo daw maibababa yung kambya. It's an automatic guys ha baka isipin niyo manual since stick ang term ko. Di ko na kasi maisip. LOL.

pano ang tow or ilalagay sa trailer ang sasakyan pag ayaw mag start ng makina?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006

Baka makakambyo kung apakan mo muna brake?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ang gen2 Vios may button sa center console tabi ng shifter para pwede i-unlock ang tranny kahit patay ang makina. Great for pushing the car around without having to turn the engine on.

Some cars hide their buttons under a flap that can be removed using a flathead screwdriver.

Other cars require disassembling half the center console

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Baka makakambyo kung apakan mo muna brake?
    That one I wasn't able to try kasi nasa mall kaya nahiya nalang ako magtapak tapak. Pero nung tinanong ko sa sales nila ang sabi, safety feature daw ng montero na bago, as long as naka-off hindi daw maibababa yung gear kaya sabi ko nalang ah okay

Hindi ko sigurado. All-new montero owners here? Meron naman yan siguro dito. Hehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

johnM said it. some cars have a way to put the car to N, so that the car can be pushed around or towed.
    my 2003 altis has one such.
    read the manual, po. it's there siguro.
    and i agree. some display associates do not know their product enough. i actually prefer to talk to an owner than to a SA.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Ang gen2 Vios may button sa center console tabi ng shifter para pwede i-unlock ang tranny kahit patay ang makina. Great for pushing the car around without having to turn the engine on.

Some cars hide their buttons under a flap that can be removed using a flathead screwdriver.

Other cars require disassembling half the center console
    Yung 1st gen Innova meron din shift lock button, very helpful lalo na pag nala double park ako dito sa parking sa office

golden rule kasi yun, you can double park as long as maitutulak oto mo

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
what's the use of "N" in a AT?