New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ano ba ang pakiramdam mo pag minamaneho mo yung kotse mo,talaga bang nagslip sya,kasi ang slipping ay tumataas yung rpm pero halos hindi bumbilis ang takbo nya and or nagbang sya sa 3rd gear?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis powell View Post
    ano ba ang pakiramdam mo pag minamaneho mo yung kotse mo,talaga bang nagslip sya,kasi ang slipping ay tumataas yung rpm pero halos hindi bumbilis ang takbo nya and or nagbang sya sa 3rd gear?
    from my previous post:
    ok naman yung transmission maliban lang sa tercera (3rd gear). nag-slip siya sa 3rd gear. ndi kumakagat kahit anung apak ko sa accelerator.

tumataas rpm pero ndi bumibilis.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    honda automatics from the eg/ek/es models do not have at pans. neither do they have at filters. some research should be done before giving sweeping statements imo.

if you just drain and refill the honda tranny you will use a max of 4 liters of atf. if you were able to put more than that you overfilled the tranny.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I used almost 6 liters of atf but I believe I did not overfill the tranny. i just used the extra 2 liters to remove the old atf at the torque converter.

I actually checked the atf (normal operating temp as the manual says) and it is on the right level. Up to now, the ATF color is same as new and no burnt odor. But despite this, the tranny slips at 3rd gear. Based on the manual, the 3rd clutch may be malfunctioning.

Anyway, will it help if I use Honda prescribed ATF??? I used Total Dexron III when I last changed ATF.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nope i doubt it will help. if the gear is slipping on new fluid then it'll slip even with honda fluid.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok thanks!

any idea how much a surplus a/t for a ph16 engine costs today?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i'm not positive but probably in the 10-15k range.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    overfilled a/t gives slipping shifts. refer to manuals when getting the right readings. ibang-iba ang reading procedure kasi ng mga sasakyan. ang iba while engine is running, ang iba needs to run a few miles first.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    i'm not positive but probably in the 10-15k range.

is it easy to find one? maybe in banawe or evangelista.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depends if shops have it in stock. paiba iba depending on when their shipments of surplus parts arrive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
A/Transmission: Slipping problem at high speed