New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    guys this is first-hand experience. NOT hearsay or nabasa lang sa forums. i posted it before sa honda club philippines na forum.

nangyari na sa akin yan when i had my atf replaced. vehicle is a gen 1 honda crv. got the car 2nd hand around 2006 and had the atf changed around 2009 (i clearly remember this was around ondoy time). had no history of tranny issues before. but IMMEDIATELY after the atf change, it started showing signs of tranny slipping (as in the next day). it got so bad that flushing did not work and eventually i had to do a tranny swap january of 2010. until now i am using the crv as my daily ride.

things to note:
    1. during the atf change, the mechanics noted that the old atf was very dirty. i know because i was watching them do the service. this is from a reputable shop na kilala sa hcp and lagi ako dun nagpapaservice (until now) so i know the service and mechanics are competent.

2. service was only drain and fill. konti pa lang ata yung may machine na fully drain and refill ang atf nung time na yun.

3. atf used was not the oem one (royal purple) which has a high cleaning daw. gen1 crvs have a reputation of not liking non-oem atf. this is my main suspect at that time. but then again (see #4), yung ginamit na atf after the tranny swap ay hindi naman honda.

4. when the mechanic who did the swap (different shop but reputable also and mas sanay sa tranny) heard the story, he said the EXACT things above na for old trannys or yung hindi masyado na-maintain, hindi pwedeng masyadong malinis kasi yung dumi minsan is what keeps it together.

again, for you to decide. but this happened to me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Bawasan ang sobra...

Luwagan mo lang ang drain plug na bolt gently hanggang mag drip but don't remove it completely... tighten it back once kapag satisfied ka na sa nabawas.

Medyo messy lang yan kaya prepare ka ng madaming old newspaper para pamunas

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Bawasan ang sobra...

Luwagan mo lang ang drain plug na bolt gently hanggang mag drip but don't remove it completely... tighten it back once kapag satisfied ka na sa nabawas.

Medyo messy lang yan kaya prepare ka ng madaming old newspaper para pamunas

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk
    Ok sir ill try this method. Tnx

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Kung hindi ka sure kailan last napaservice yung ATF mo at tingin mo matagal na, I suggest na wag na magpalit. Top up na lang kung kulang.

Ganyan din kasi nangyari sa tranny ng 02 CRV ko. After fluid change using OEM ATF dun pa siya bumigay.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hi,

I'm a new owner of 2010 civic 1.8s.

Kulay na brown na po yung at fluid. Mileage is around 60k Sabi sa manual, atf z1 ang tamanag fluid. Nababasa ko na lumang formula na yun, ang bago daw ay atf dw1 at compatible yun isa atf z1.

Compatible nga ba talaga ang atf z1 and atf dw 1?
    Magkano usually ang 1 liter?
    Saan po maganda at murang bumili nito, around alabang area? (gagawin kong suking tindahan)

Maraming salamat po

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, DW1 replaces Z1.

Honda A/Ts built prior to 2011 can use either Z1 or DW1.

Honda A/Ts built 2011 and later must use DW1 only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yes, DW1 replaces Z1.

Honda A/Ts built prior to 2011 can use either Z1 or DW1.

Honda A/Ts built 2011 and later must use DW1 only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thank you very mich sir

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tugasi View Post
    OT: not yet, since that was my first downhill, and the first time i stepped that much on the brakes. i already started the thread under the correct section, hope you can follow me there.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ewpost&t=77564
    You should learn how to use the low gears in order to relax those brakes on a downhill drive

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; March 27th, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tugasi View Post
    Thanks sa mga reply! I'll have my fluid changed tomorrow, will just keep this thread updated if something happens (hopefully none ).

Btw, regarding on checking the smell of the fluid, should that be done before (cold) or after (hot) using the car?
    Check it hot

Changing the atf is indeed is the proper thing to do and should the tranny fail due to neglect of the previous owner afterwards, just replace the tranny

Use the appropriate atf tranny or the better replacement which are the latest atf

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; March 27th, 2017 at 11:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    700 kesos ata per liter yan, sa casa ka na bumili para sure, baka ma jafakes ka lang sa labas, tutal every 40k lang naman yan, 200 kesos lang ang labor sa labas.

Quote Originally Posted by ejm_110 View Post
    hi,

I'm a new owner of 2010 civic 1.8s.

Kulay na brown na po yung at fluid. Mileage is around 60k Sabi sa manual, atf z1 ang tamanag fluid. Nababasa ko na lumang formula na yun, ang bago daw ay atf dw1 at compatible yun isa atf z1.

Compatible nga ba talaga ang atf z1 and atf dw 1?
    Magkano usually ang 1 liter?
    Saan po maganda at murang bumili nito, around alabang area? (gagawin kong suking tindahan)

Maraming salamat po

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Transmission fluid change - A/T