New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Not sure of this but it says the oil is inside the torque converter, the oil in the sump might not be enough to feed the oil pump to lubricate internal parts. Baka may masira sa transmission.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire_28 View Post
    Question guys.

Can I start up the engine after I drain the fluid to pump the remaining fluid in the torque converter.
    Because I read an artcle that 50% of the fluid remains in the torque converter?

TIA
    No, kung ganyan Kabilis wala na sana dialysis system ngayon and Hinde na kailangan open transmission King talagang gusto malabas lahat ng atf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Question guys.

Can I start up the engine after I drain the fluid to pump the remaining fluid in the torque converter.

TIA
    Pwede pero mga 10 seconds lang dapat.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question guys.

TIA
    I have not tried but it doesn't sound like a good idea. Better to just do a ATF dialysis, or drain and replace the fluid 2-3 times over the a short period of time.
    Last edited by vinj; December 3rd, 2015 at 06:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Not sure of this but it says the oil is inside the torque converter, the oil in the sump might not be enough to feed the oil pump to lubricate internal parts. Baka may masira sa transmission.

I think yan yung advantage ng Dialysis machine kasi while hinihigop yung lumang ATF at the same time nag lalagay din ng new ATF sa tranny. Mas less waste kesa Drain/Fill/Drain/Fill method kasi may nahahalo pa din na lumang ATF.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i switched atf to top1 brand...ampangit, mabilis lumabmaw, nawawala reverse pag mainit.

I drained the entire atf imcluding the torque converter thru the intercooler line. Cycled thru all the gears and poured 5.5 liters of whiz atf.

No adverse effect, reverse still retained even in traffic. Gears shifts without any shock,

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    i switched atf to top1 brand...ampangit, mabilis lumabmaw, nawawala reverse pag mainit.

I drained the entire atf imcluding the torque converter thru the intercooler line. Cycled thru all the gears and poured 5.5 liters of whiz atf.

No adverse effect, reverse still retained even in traffic. Gears shifts without any shock,
    I would never get top1 hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks sa mga nagreply. Yung sa intercooler line ang gusto sana gawin, not sure if may magdadrain if donn ko pinatagas and saka wala ba possibility na mag kabubbles sa loob?
    If ever drain/refill/drain/refill na lang.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123