New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a flooded A/T car now with the casa, but it would have to wait for another month to start the repairs as the parts will take a month to arrive. It's parked under the sun so I wanted to take it home first so I can park it in a roofed garage.

The casa mechanics said I cannot just tow it because it's A/T. It should be carried on a flat bed tow truck.

Can't I really tow it even if my house is just 3-4kms away, even if the transmission is put to neutral?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede.

Key in ignition (on)
    Handbrake released
    May experienced driver in the unpowered car.

Less than 80km and less than 80kph on most cars. Nasa manual iyon idol.

Last Ondoy, majority of the vehicles we rescued were matics

Lancer MX
    Jazz Vtec
    Xtrail 250X
    Montero

Wala naman naging bad effects yung towing from flood site to home to shop. Yung Xtrail na lang ang hindi pa umaandar (awaiting parts).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pano mo nga pala tinow yang mga cars? Pano pala pag kelangan mag-brake e walang brake itong car ko since hindi pwede i-start ang engine. Pwede kaya handbrake ang gamitin?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala lang vacuum assist ang brake pero may brake pa din iyan dahil mechanical/hydraulic naman ang brakes and AFAIK, they are required to still function despite total vehicle failure. Yes, alalay sa handbrake and malakas na right foot ang kailangan.

Flat tow lang using off-road tow strap. From UST to Banawe, UST to Mitsu Quezon Avenue, Katipunan to Tandang Sora via UP and Commonwealth, etc. Yun ang mga typical routes na dinaanan ko.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks OTEP, iuwi ko na bukas kotse ko.

Btw, on a related note, siraulo din ang Toyota Phils. They offered discounts on parts and labor for flooded vehicles, pero tinaasan naman nila labor charge nila, what's worse is, they are letting me sign a waiver na hindi nila i-guarantee yung work nila because the vehicle is flooded and baka may ibang sira na lumabas after their work is done.

For overhaul ang engine ko, nung hindi pa lumabas yung memo ng Toyota about the flooded vehicle discount promo, nasa less than P13K lang ang labor. Now, nasa 49K na ang labor nila!

Napapaisip na ako kung sa kanila ko pa rin ipapagawa or sa labas nalang.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    boybi: yan talaga reason why i dont have our cars repaired at their respective casas, kasi puro eng eng ang mga gumagawa, tapos wala sila care kung masira sila sa customer with their sloppy work, parang pinagpapraktisan pa kotse natin and finally, sobra mahal. i know a guy who asked for a quote for his MB slk 230 yata un, ipapagawa nya sana sa "casa" ayun 450k ang quote, pero nung pinagawa nya sa mechanic namin 45k lang hehehehe. grabe ano?

san ba location mo? kung taga dito ka sa south of metro manila i can recommend a very good mechanic.

a foreigner friend of mine once made a comment about casas in the phils. sabi nya para daw replacement shop at hindi repair shop yang mga yan kasi gusto replace lang ng replace, kahit maliit na sira na pwede i repair replace agad ipapagawa sa customer, so kawawa naman mga di nakakainitindi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Bro, for safety to the transmission, detatch mo ang propeller shaft. wala ka nang alalahanin sa transmissin na masira...

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I have a flooded A/T car now with the casa, but it would have to wait for another month to start the repairs as the parts will take a month to arrive. It's parked under the sun so I wanted to take it home first so I can park it in a roofed garage.

The casa mechanics said I cannot just tow it because it's A/T. It should be carried on a flat bed tow truck.

Can't I really tow it even if my house is just 3-4kms away, even if the transmission is put to neutral?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can have a car with automatic transmission towed because the car's front wheel drive anyway. It's the rear wheels that are in contact with the road

What you cannot do to a car with an auto tranny is a push start.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You definitely can tow an AT car. We did this before rin put in on N lang and do not allow to run fast and short distance only. Ang masama kung biglang linagay sa Drive.

Automatics now a days are built for certain situations.

Although this case is different kasi ATF is contaminated with putik na rin eh and not lubricating the parts properly or not at all since nabaha.

IMHO just leave it alone nalang. They will repair it naman back to original state I saw the repairs of flooded cars and they did an excellent job.

A/T cars, di ba talaga pwede i-tow?