New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    from my seat of the pants rpm shift points etcetera, there are only 3 shift points.

AISIN WARNER A/T 0372L (hydraulic version). 1986 mighty max/dodge ram 50 2wd

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    what gear is missing?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    from my seat of the pants rpm shift points etcetera, there are only 3 shift points.

AISIN WARNER A/T 0372L (hydraulic version). 1986 mighty max/dodge ram 50 2wd

once the shifter is engaged, one gear is already on, then there will only be three shift points to get to fourth gear. your transmission might be partly electronic, if it is, there are three enable criteria required to get to overdrive: vehicle speed, coolant temperature sensor (indicating operating temp of 180-210'F) and throttle sensor input of about 20% opening, then, it should shift to O/D

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    once the shifter is engaged, one gear is already on, then there will only be three shift points to get to fourth gear. your transmission might be partly electronic, if it is, there are three enable criteria required to get to overdrive: vehicle speed, coolant temperature sensor (indicating operating temp of 180-210'F) and throttle sensor input of about 20% opening, then, it should shift to O/D
    my bad....i was thinking of 2 shift points. A/T shifts 2 times up to 80 kmh. hard to get past 80kmh. the engine originally was a gasoline (G54B). it was converted to diesel (4d56T)a decade ago according to the paper trail. afaik, it shifts smootly before with 3 shift points. it never did shift to overdrive