New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Paano malalaman kung sira na ito?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Check your fluid first. If you haven't lost any fluid, you probably don't have an outside leak. Check for air in the line by bleeding the slave cyclinder.

If your clutch doesn't work, have someone step on the clutch pedal then open the bleed valve of the slave cylinder very slightly. You should get a spray of fluid, maybe some air bubbles. If not, the rubber on the plunger of your master cylinder imay be completely gone. If you can bleed with the first pump on the clutch pedal but not on succeeding pumps, the master cylinder may be clogged. (There's this tiny hole that lets fluid back into the chamber when the clutch is released)

If the clutch still works somewhat, step on the clutch pedal for a long time. If your clutch starts to engage slowly while you are still stepping on the pedal, you have a slow leak in the master cylinder. Either the chamber walls are damaged or the rubber on the plunger needs replacing.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir pano naman kung ang nangyayari,after a long drive and stop ka.after few hours standby,start engine tapos tapak sa clutch,lusot ang clutch as in walang pressure ang tulak.Nangyari sa kin yon,I tried na i-adjust yong pedal then naging ok ang clutch pero after mga 20 km run naramdaman ko tumataas ang clutch ko so I have to stop and re-adjust again.Ano kaya problema non?Master or slave?
    Need assistance please..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor
    Sir pano naman kung ang nangyayari,after a long drive and stop ka.after few hours standby,start engine tapos tapak sa clutch,lusot ang clutch as in walang pressure ang tulak.Nangyari sa kin yon,I tried na i-adjust yong pedal then naging ok ang clutch pero after mga 20 km run naramdaman ko tumataas ang clutch ko so I have to stop and re-adjust again.Ano kaya problema non?Master or slave?
    Need assistance please..
    You have to check both master and secondary cylinders, although kung master ang problema you will have a difficult time pressing the clutch saka madaling tignan ang master kung may leaks. The secondary needs to be removed for thorough inspection kasi may housing yun at kahit may leak na sya hirap pa rin tignan. Kung matagal na pahahon na di ka pa nagpapalit ng master at secondary maybe its time you replace them na.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what about if the clutch has lots of free play and has to be almost on the floor to disengage the clutch? but other times it's ok (decent amount of pedal travel, particularly if the clutch pedal is pumped).

had my clutch disc etc. replaced a couple years ago, the master cylinder a few months ago (thanks to banaweonline, replacement nga lang coz an OEM clutch master is 5 grand). but now this. am not sure if a leaky slave will cause this (but i don't seem to be losing fluid now..)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    see where the leak is comming from and replace it accordingly.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    as preventive...how long do these master/slave cylinders last? what's their typical life span? ako kase, yung 2x na pagpapalit ko...yung 1st one buti nakatabi ako...yung 2nd one my pickup had to be towed kase inabutan ako sa kalsada (lusot clutch)...before those instances, there were'nt any signs...so as preventive maintenance? would you guys suggest these be changed yearly or every 2 years? tutal mura lang naman ang replacement...on mine, it doesn't cost me more than 2k including labor

im starting to worry kase it's been more than a year na sha...at nakakadala den maabutan sa kalsada (coz you have to pay those darn towtrucks around 2k to bring me home)

TIA!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest that you change you masters with OEM ones. This would give you an idea how long it would last assuming you had the car brand new. BTW, you can still crawl home with a busted clutch master. Start the engine in first gear and RPM match your engine when you shift to second to third gear. Shift to neutral when stopping and repeat the start process when you want to move.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    from personal experience, replacement repair kits last at least a year or two and i dont let it exceed 3 years.... its easier to visually check the primary, but with regards to secondary.... you have to crawl underneath just to check if its starting to leak, which i aim to do at least once a year

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ditto, i think 2 years is pushing it for a replacement or rebuild kit, and 5 years for an OEM. but the OEM parts cost 4X as much. so mas cost-effective pa rin ang rebuild or replacement.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Symptoms of busted Clutch Master Cylinder?