New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Not resolved yet?

Try tapping a wire from the brake switch straight to the shift lock solenoid without going through the BCM, a dedicated circuit, if you will. If everything else work normally but this shift release, this procedure would be the most expedient without spending more time and replacement BCM

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    Not resolved yet?

Try tapping a wire from the brake switch straight to the shift lock solenoid without going through the BCM, a dedicated circuit, if you will. If everything else work normally but this shift release, this procedure would be the most expedient without spending more time and replacement BCM
    may diagram ka bro?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not resolved yet?

kahit drawing lang hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Not resolved yet?

I would advice against any additional electrical hack. Just physically disable the shift-lock solenoid. Solenoids, like relays, requires a flyback diode. If you know what you're doing, you can do the above mod, but if not, you could still fry the BCM if you just connect it directly to the brake circuit.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    may diagram ka bro?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

kahit drawing lang hehehe

i cant find your car's wiring diagram from google. if your brake lights still work, tap from there but cauterize the wire feed or input to the BCM. the only problem is, your solenoid will operate every time you step on the brake pedal.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    the only problem is, your solenoid will operate every time you step on the brake pedal.
    ano ibig sabihin bro na will operate everytime? is this bad, ninerybos tuloy ako eh hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Diyos ko! STOP telling the TS to modify the electricals any further. You're not even sure if the brake switch ckt is positive or negative trigger and/or whether it is load bearing. For all we know, it's just an input for the BCM and does not carry with it any current capability to support an electrical load.

PLEASE, don't give the TS any more ideas that can further damage his vehicle or put his life and his passenger in harm's way.
    Last edited by oj88; September 17th, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ano ibig sabihin bro na will operate everytime? is this bad, ninerybos tuloy ako eh hehehe
    the shift release solenoid that you hear when you step on the brake pedal with the ignition switch on is that solenoid.

if your car has the release button, you can even opt to remove the solenoid and actuator just like the older automatic transmission/transaxle equipped car.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Diyos ko! STOP telling the TS to modify the electricals any further. You're not even sure if the brake switch ckt is positive or negative trigger and/or whether it is load bearing. For all we know, it's just an input for the BCM and does not carry with it any current capability to support an electrical load.

PLEASE, don't give the TS any more ideas that can further damage his vehicle or put his life and his passenger in harm's way.

this might be the first time i would know of a car where the brake light switch is on the negative side.
    i have worked on asian, domestic and european cars for decades and studied their wiring diagram, i havent seen one yet where the switch was on the negative side,
    would you mind sharing what make, model and year that car would be?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    this might be the first time i would know of a car where the brake light switch is on the negative side.
    i have worked on asian, domestic and european cars for decades and studied their wiring diagram, i havent seen one yet where the switch was on the negative side,
    would you mind sharing what make, model and year that car would be?
    You're exposed naman pala sa OEM wiring diagrams. Why are you suggesting ghetto mods that has a potential of causing more damage? You know that BCMs and their connections are designed a certain way that applying voltage, grounding, or putting an electrical load the wrong way has the potential to cause more problems. The last thing the TS need is an extraneous voltage, ground, or load applied to the BCM, one way or another.

I have seen many interior switches that are negative-triggered, in that, the line is asserted 'high' and grounding the input through a switch will trigger a response.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kawawa naman si TS.
    hilong-hilo na siguro, sa dami ng suggestments.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast