New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello all,

Patanong lang, baka may nakakakaalam hehe.

The clutch pedal is squeaking on our car, a 2009 Civic (FD).

I have tried lubricating the master cylinder behind the pedal with lithium grease, pero parang hindi na kinakaya, and the sound now seems to be coming from behind the firewall.

Nabasa ko that the issue may now be the clutch fork, which may need lubricating. Kaya ba itong iabot and ilubricate without a lifter? Was checking youtube videos and other forums and wala akong nakitang makakasagot ng tanong na ito hehe.

Any input appreciated. TY!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Hello all,

Patanong lang, baka may nakakakaalam hehe.

The clutch pedal is squeaking on our car, a 2009 Civic (FD).

I have tried lubricating the master cylinder behind the pedal with lithium grease, pero parang hindi na kinakaya, and the sound now seems to be coming from behind the firewall.

Nabasa ko that the issue may now be the clutch fork, which may need lubricating. Kaya ba itong iabot and ilubricate without a lifter? Was checking youtube videos and other forums and wala akong nakitang makakasagot ng tanong na ito hehe.

Any input appreciated. TY!

it happened to my ride I also did lubricate everything that I think is connected to the clutch.

it happens during rainy season. at first what i did is look for the linkages near or connected to the
    Secondary clutch. you have to have someone step on the clutch so you can see what moves from

below the engine. then i put grease and the major squeaks was gone.

Another thing that i observed was when i replaced my secondary clutch. totally the squeaks was gone.

Maybe what you can do( i dont know if there's linkages on a Civic) bleed the old fluid and have a

fresh brake fluid. have a mechanic inspect your secondary clutch and bleed the fluid from the cylinder.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    it happened to my ride I also did lubricate everything that I think is connected to the clutch.

it happens during rainy season. at first what i did is look for the linkages near or connected to the
    Secondary clutch. you have to have someone step on the clutch so you can see what moves from

below the engine. then i put grease and the major squeaks was gone.

Another thing that i observed was when i replaced my secondary clutch. totally the squeaks was gone.

Maybe what you can do( i dont know if there's linkages on a Civic) bleed the old fluid and have a

fresh brake fluid. have a mechanic inspect your secondary clutch and bleed the fluid from the cylinder.
    Yes, madalas nangyayari lang yan tuwing rainy season. Pag hindi naman maulan, tahimik and maganda operation ng clutch.

Kaya bang ilubricate yung mga yan from the engine bay? Or kailangan pa idaan sa ilalim/i-lifter or something?

Replacing the clutch master/slave cylinders are also an option kaso halos 10K yata yun pag original part. Not worth it just for the squeak unless may iba pang problema na hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ung push rod ang nilalagyan ng grease.kasi un ung nagtutulak.metal to metal.kung sa pedal naman ung pinaka rod din na naka kabit dun sa pedal arm.palibutan mo ng grasa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Yes, madalas nangyayari lang yan tuwing rainy season. Pag hindi naman maulan, tahimik and maganda operation ng clutch.

Kaya bang ilubricate yung mga yan from the engine bay? Or kailangan pa idaan sa ilalim/i-lifter or something?

Replacing the clutch master/slave cylinders are also an option kaso halos 10K yata yun pag original part. Not worth it just for the squeak unless may iba pang problema na hehe.

I suggest pa inspect lang especially the secondary clutch if may fluid moisture na. if okay pa pa bleed mo and better lagyan ng kaunting grease sa gilid ng rubber cap ng cylinder. sa tingin ko lang sa tagal

ng fluid na hindi na bleed nawawala lubrication. ako sariling sikap lang ginagawa ko pinapalitan ko lang
    fluid sa reservoir. sometimes pag too much rain may squeak na kaunti.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    To Add. sa experience ko nung from time to time may squeak. pina inspect ko yung secondary clutch ko

may kauting moisture na sa rubber housing. kahit one year pa lang yung replacement clutch cylinder

pinapalitan ko na, i replaced it with Seiken , i believe quality its close to OEM part. pag kabit lumambot

clutch ko and nawala squeks. its a lesson for me kasi one time nasiraan ako ng clutch operating buti

nakauwi pa ako kaya ayaw ko na take risk. mura lang naman yang part na yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I have this on my 08' Hilux as well. Squeaky clutch, deep clutch, hard to press clutch pedal, the feeling that there is sand whenever you engage the clutch pedal, etc. I will have it checked and service --- probably be getting a new master cylinder, clutch lining, pressure plate, and etc. Hope not too many so as not to be too expensive haha! But I will post updates here regarding the repair and the improvements

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Super late update lang po mga boss. Nawala na yung squeaky feel sa clutch ko.

I had it serviced sa casa few weeks ago. Nagpapalit ako ng --- Release bearing and pilot bearing + Clutch assembly cleaning. So far, okay na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    how much wallet damage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Yung sakin din squeaky na at matigas. Ganyan din nirecommend ng casa palit lahat. So hindi ako naniwala. Nag diy lang ako, ininjectionan ko lang ng oil yung cable, ayun ok na. good as new