New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The clutch shouldn't make that noise. My guess is that what you heard was the belt. It was just pure coincidence that the noise appeared while you're still in reverse and moving forward.

BUT, if you were already coasting downhill for 5-10 meters, there would've been enough build up of speed for the tires to squeal when you released the clutch while in reverse.
    Volkswagen Clutch Noise (chirp / Hoot) - YouTube

Honda Civic First Gear Clutch Noise-8th Gen Civic Si - YouTube

You can easily check if it came from belts, just do a quick hard rev sa engine. If its the belts, it will sound.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Volkswagen Clutch Noise (chirp / Hoot) - YouTube

Honda Civic First Gear Clutch Noise-8th Gen Civic Si - YouTube

You can easily check if it came from belts, just do a quick hard rev sa engine. If its the belts, it will sound.
    Thanks for all the input guys.

Actually i was slowly releasing the clutch, as it was downhill- trying to engine break, when i heard the squeeking sound. I pressed the clutch again and sound is gone then slowly releasing it again and the sound again just then i realized and notice that i was still in reverse. After that i shifted to first gear and car drived then as normally. I will have the car check soon maybe i'll have all your inputs to be check by mechanic. By the way the pambelt is new also.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some "pambelts" need a bedding-in period, po, after which, belt tension is re-adjusted if necessary. not all cars have idler pulley.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sus ginoo, gerlpren pala ang nagadrive. Magulo pa Rin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    okey lang yan.ganyan ginagawa dati ng tiyuhin ko dati sa baler nung nag byabyahe pa kami ng mga troso.pag pababa at medyo madulas ang kalsada naka shift siya ng reverse..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    okey lang yan.ganyan ginagawa dati ng tiyuhin ko dati sa baler nung nag byabyahe pa kami ng mga troso.pag pababa at medyo madulas ang kalsada naka shift siya ng reverse..
    Pwede pala yan eh di sliding yan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12