New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    hindi naman kaya isa sa mga tensioner bearings mo yan?

80,000 kms na kamo so malapit na yan mag change timing belt kaya damay tensioner bearing nun...

meron din tensioner bearing for aircon pero depende yan sa configuration ng ride mo...
    Last edited by jodski; August 15th, 2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Added more details

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    M13A afaik is chain driven.. Whine should go with RPM at any gear, TS described it to occur only at 4th & 5th gear.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    M13A afaik is chain driven.. Whine should go with RPM at any gear, TS described it to occur only at 4th & 5th gear.
    i stand corrected if the engine is chain driven ... thanks for bringing this up

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    -update.

went to a talyer with lift. they found nothing. rotated and checked all linked to tranny or axle or drive shaft. no play or sound or leak. then went to test drive. was told that 2000rpm might be a low rpm thats why it was making a noise at that rpm. i should downshift. and 4th gear has more noticeable noise than 5th gear.

went home a little relived but still worried.

might check with another talyer.
    Ganyan din sa akin, naka 2 talyer ako lagi sinasabi bearing daw, pero ng dinala ko sa casa gulong ko ang problem kasi luma na (5yrs old), so palit ako ng apat na gulong wala na ung ingay.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    You'd better off with casa checking if you're still worried. Atleast casa people knows the common problems of specific model. Checkup/ assessment is free.

My stock Jimny gives me 80kph at 2k RPM, no unusual noise whatsover. I'd be worried if it does since its just over a year old.
    80kph at 2000rpm? wow your rpm is low, is that auto tranny?
    Last edited by baker123; August 15th, 2014 at 09:40 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Ganyan din sa akin, naka 2 talyer ako lagi sinasabi bearing daw, pero ng dinala ko sa casa gulong ko ang problem kasi luma na (5yrs old), so palit ako ng apat na gulong wala na ung ingay.
    oh tires? ill try that. ive ordered a set of geolander AT last week, just waiting for them to arrive. i hope its just tires.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    update--

lifted the rear of the car and put her on blocks.

shifted from 1 to 5. sound starts at 40kph on 4th and 5th. slight sound on 3rd at 40kph. didnt try at 1st and 2nd as the engine noise is higher than what i can hear. plus i think its rather dangerous to do on those gears.

the noise happens when i lift off the throttle and push back in.

the sound is defintely on the tranny not on the transfer case.

so what other component from the tranny that could emit such noise?

will try to change tranny fluid. hopefully it helps.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    update==

sent it again to the talyer and had it lifted. as the shifting was getting hard.

conclusion. short on tranny fluid. it was topped off. and now good.

on a side note. changed to yokohama geolander at. what a difference in ride from the stock tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
slight whining or sounds like a bearing when accelerating or decelerating on highgear