New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ahhh.. I see.. that's a really good point..

I guess I have to move on to a new driving style..

Thanks! It's good to know, there are a lot of good people in here.. I'll keep coming to this site. Been looking for a forum like this one..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    plus i you leave your car when going downhill you'll be using your brakes frequently unlike shifting to 2nd or 3rd you can control your speed and won't burn out your brakes...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    if your not in full stop, why you use 1st gear?... 2nd or third is good one, aangal lang makina pag mo sa 1st gear... leave the gear in shift position is safety!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    smoke XIII,
    Welcome to the forum. When going downhill, like coming down from Baguio, use engine brake .That is you use the appropriate gear to slow your descent at the same time flowing with the traffic. Never shift to neutral and rely on your brakes as your car will just accelerate to a dangerous speed. Of course you can still use your brakes if the need arises. There is this debate about how to approach and stop at an intersection. Whether to shift to neutral and use the brakes (wear on your brakes) to stop or coast to a stop in gear (wear on your clutch). I guess you should also consider which is more economical and easier to replaced, the brakes or the clutch. Nagulo ka ba?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, Ive notice na six months ka palang driving. Well, practice makes perfect. Brake, downshift and accelerate after the corner.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I use top downshift to first gear pag below 20km/hr ko or below 1500 RPM on 2nd gear... I don't know if its bad or good... Kasi parang hirap yung makina pag 2nd gear... feeling ko under power...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Question:

What is more easy and less costly to replace brakes or clutch? I assume the brakes? Right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Quick shift to neutral.. is this good or bad driving?