New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pros and cons ng A/T, please post your responses, well for me i like a/t kasi tinatamad ako mag **** ng gears, what about u guys? ano preference nyo and why

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to all 4x4 gurus,

ok lang ba na automatic ang transmission ng 4x4? ano mga pros and cons nito?

for me kasi mas practical ang automatic kung weekend warrior. wat ya think?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan din naisip ko eh, kasi baka maki-off road din ako... ok lang ba a/t pang off road?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, maganda rin naman ang A/T, without the hassle of shifting gears while you fondle with your gf/wife/kabit/who-it-may-be, hehehe :D For offroading, better shift it to L1 a big no no in D. Plus the advantage over the manuals that the tranny is enclosed therefore, there's no risk of wet clutch.

On the other hand, in M/T you control the engines power. When and where to put more power or not. :D Plus maintenance wise, mas mura mag alaga ng manuals. :D

Final verdict: 50-50 basta't umaandar ng maayos at walang sakit sa ulo, "suportahan taka". 8)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung a/t dali umandar lalo na kung traffic. mas magastos nga lang sa gas.

yung m/t mas mabilis arangkada. tama nga... you have more control with the engine power.:wink:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the only advantage of AT is during traffic dahil hindi ka kakambyo.

Sa 4x4 hindi ko ma-imagine kung paano ka babanat ng trick maneouvers, like 3rd gear sabay primera. etc etc.

If you agree with me that offroading is all about control, then you know the tranny for you :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the auto tranny actually has a slight advantage in offroading (at least for beginners) because of the slushbox. this lets the car go along as slow as you want it to without stalling the engine, and it lets you ease out of sticky situations with less risk of putting on too much power and spinning the wheels.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a daily driver..a/t
    for weekend car..m/t
    nakakatamad na nga sa traffic papadyakpadyak ka pa ng clutch parang
    kang nakabisikleta kaya maganda lang ang m/t kung paminsan minsan lang or pang off road or sa race...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Base on my experience,
    Pag City driving, maganda ang A/T...smooth na smooth ang ride.
    Pag Hi-way driving, Manual naman ang maganda...sport na sport.

Yun Lang po

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AT ..... slightly more fuel consumption. Kung honda AT, mag-ipon ka na pang overhaul nyaahahahaa :lol::lol::lol:

splerdu::: If youre using 4low, MT and youre on 1st/2nd gear , you could totally forget the clutch as you would have a difficult time stalling the engine in Low range...... but of course this could still happen if you do a full stop without engaging the clutch :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
pros and cons ng A/T