New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Good day, I have 1995 accord EXI problem is, bumibitaw ang transmission. I just had it overhauled... but still problem occur.

Before we change into surplus gusto ko sana kayo tanuning if the problem of my car might TCU/ECU or the transmission na talaga.

Pag nag sstart ako upon first click, nakikita sa dashboard yung D4 umiilaw. pero hindi blinking steady light siya then nawawala after 5 seconds kasabay ng check engine light. Could this be a symptom of tranny problem even it was overhauled na? or TCU/ECU na?

sana may makasagot or may naka experience na para masabi ko sa mekaniko salamat, so we'll know if ano bibilin TCU/ECU or transmission. thanks.

note: sabi ng mekaniko baka solenoid daw he's checking it now. thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    the word "baka" is a wild guess

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Guys, ok na transmission ko, speed sensor na lang papalitan. :D so far wala kami makita. meron ba kayo alam sa banawer na nakakabili ng brandnew nito and if how much? ang singil kasi sakin ng mekaniko 3k. kaya di ko kinuha. sabi ko ako na lang bibili.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonzi View Post
    Guys, ok na transmission ko, speed sensor na lang papalitan. :D so far wala kami makita. meron ba kayo alam sa banawer na nakakabili ng brandnew nito and if how much? ang singil kasi sakin ng mekaniko 3k. kaya di ko kinuha. sabi ko ako na lang bibili.

if your speed sensor had not been manhandled improperly, more than likely should still work. this sensor is that of a magnetic type pickup and the magnetic tip is prone to picking up steel particles or dust from wearing transmission components and will be "numb" to the signal or pulses from the tone ring. it usually just take cleaning the tip with a clean lint free rag and reinstalled. if you want to make sure, have the sensor signal be looked at with a digital storage oscilloscope and watch for a crisp, consistent waveform

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if your speed sensor had not been manhandled improperly, more than likely should still work. this sensor is that of a magnetic type pickup and the magnetic tip is prone to picking up steel particles or dust from wearing transmission components and will be "numb" to the signal or pulses from the tone ring. it usually just take cleaning the tip with a clean lint free rag and reinstalled. if you want to make sure, have the sensor signal be looked at with a digital storage oscilloscope and watch for a crisp, consistent waveform

Wala di talaga siya gumaga. Anyway, I had mine replaced two days ago with a different kind of speed sensor, yung stock ng accord is bakal but the one that they replace is plastic yung body for two days gumana siya, speedometer and no blinking. and then now hindi gumagana. nakaka frtstrate i want to buy new one. ang hirap makipagsapalaran sa Surplus. anybody here knows where to buy? tnx

Newly overhauled transmission. but still busty.