New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    guys, pagpasensiyahan niyo na ako. This is my first personal car. It's a 2003 nissan sentra with a/t transmission. This is already a 5-yr old car from my sister. However, this is casa maintained kaya ok naman yung takbo. And this is also my first post here in tsikot.

My questions are:
    1) ano yung normal idling nito? yung idling ko kasi sa traffic is around 750-800 with the aircon on and naka neutral yung a/t.
    2) normal ba na bumaba yung idling pag nilagay ko sa D? kasi let's say tatakbo na ako from a complete stop (due to traffic, stop light or whatever), pag nilagay ko na sa D at di pa ako tumatakbo bumababa yung idling to around 600 eh, tapos medyo nanginginig ng konti. this is with the a/t at D and i'm stepping on the brakes.
    3) advisable ba na ilagay sa N yung a/t kapag traffic? let's say yung stop light medyo matagal (mga 2-3 mins) and yung traffic sobra (let's say mga 1 min before gumalaw yung mga sasakyan). Tapos i'll just put the a/t on D pag tatakbo na. Hindi ba mawewear out agad yung transmission ko? Nagtatanong kasi ako dahil pag naka D ako tapos naka tapak lang sa brake bumababa yung idling eh (see #2).

thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    answers:
    1) normal
    2) normal
    3) its ok. it will not wear out your a/t tranny any faster. it would save you some fuel since it would unload the engine when you put it into neutral while you are waiting for the light to turn green.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ask sister, she know's best. For the last 5 years she'll learn a lot how to drive that car.

newbie questions on nissan sentra a/t idling and other questions regarding a/t