New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Mga sirs, need your opinions kung mahal o tama lang po ang singil ng mekaniko na gumawa sa aking sasakyan kanina. Ito po yung ginawa nya:

1. Change engine and ATF oil
    2. Change spark plugs
    3. Drain/change water sa radiator and palit coolant
    4. Palit power steering fluid
    5. Palit isang front lower balljoint
    6. Tinanggal lahat ang gulong then check up kung may sira

The mechanic charged me 1000 pesos to do those things. Want to know sirs if overcharge ba or hindi. If not, i will call him again in case na may kelangan gawin uli.

Marami pong salamat..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IMHO: murang-mura yan. I would have paid him double ..... if the job was done right

P.S. I treat good auto mechanics are like medical doctors......

Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    Mga sirs, need your opinions kung mahal o tama lang po ang singil ng mekaniko na gumawa sa aking sasakyan kanina. Ito po yung ginawa nya:

2. Change spark plugs

The mechanic charged me 1000 pesos to do those things. Want to know sirs if overcharge ba or hindi. If not, i will call him again in case na may kelangan gawin uli.

Marami pong salamat..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post

2. Change spark plugs

Marami pong salamat..

if you find someone who does a good job and you can trust them, keep them and take good care of the client-technician relationship. don't come too cheap. remember: you get what you pay for. place yourself in their shoes. now, think if you were the technician, then place yourself as the client. think both sides. you want to maintain a good relationship with the ones you can trust and with the right skills, training and equipment

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    IMHO: murang-mura yan. I would have paid him double ..... if the job was done right

P.S. I treat good auto mechanics are like medical doctors......
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if you find someone who does a good job and you can trust them, keep them and take good care of the client-technician relationship. don't come too cheap. remember: you get what you pay for. place yourself in their shoes. now, think if you were the technician, then place yourself as the client. think both sides. you want to maintain a good relationship with the ones you can trust and with the right skills, training and equipment
    +1...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Help please. Mitsu A/T '93 palitan ang surplus tranny, servo at bearings 23K with 6 mos. warranty, okay po ba ang price or mahal?
    Thanks.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ok na po yung Php1000 for the labor... Make sure lang na tama yung pag gawa.. if you will compute 1 by 1
    1. Change oil P200
    2. Change ATF(Kasama ba filter dito?) P200 to P500
    3. Coolant P150 (DIY lang kasi ako dito eh)
    4. Power steering P250
    5. Ball Joint P350

pwede na rin yan sir...

need opinions!! (price check of service done)