New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My Dad's first MT car in 20 years came just last year... and he's sixty.

Driver didn't touch it for the first month... ...ambilis kasi... :hysterical:

Usage depends not on your age, but your knees. I have arthritis, and there was a period of two or three months where I couldn't drive for more than an hour... some exercise fixed that, but it was painful while it lasted.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    My Dad's first MT car in 20 years came just last year... and he's sixty.

Driver didn't touch it for the first month... ...ambilis kasi... :hysterical:

Usage depends not on your age, but your knees. I have arthritis, and there was a period of two or three months where I couldn't drive for more than an hour... some exercise fixed that, but it was painful while it lasted.

niky,

baka your a little younger lang than your dad joke

:bwahaha:

but based from my grandpa's comment, he would preffer AT nowadays than MT. and hes 75
    Last edited by s_quilicot; January 29th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Not only the age you got to remember the fact of having a joint problem is really hard to drive.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Not only the age you got to remember the fact of having a joint problem is really hard to drive.

consider your weight also and life style,

tulad ko nag drive ng MT sa edsa for the first time, 3 days ako di nakatulog.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    consider your weight also and life style,

tulad ko nag drive ng MT sa edsa for the first time, 3 days ako di nakatulog.
    Tama ka diyan bro imagine ako im in the line of 30, 6'4" almost 350 lbs pag umatake ang gout ko hindi ako talaga maka pag drive at puro iyak na lang buti na lang matik ang truck ko so i can drive to the hospital to have my shot hehehehehehehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    niky,

baka your a little younger lang than your dad joke

:bwahaha:

but based from my grandpa's comment, he would preffer AT nowadays than MT. and hes 75
    Heh... Loko! ...my knees don't act up, anymore, though... have had joint problems since I was a kid... kinda a bummer when you're on the track team with bad ankles, or when you're weightlifting with bad wrists.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My father is 83 years old and still prefers his drive to be one with a manual transmission.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMan View Post
    My father is 83 years old and still prefers his drive to be one with a manual transmission.

Puede na rin. I still have 25 years to reach this age so I will just get a manual transmission ngaun. Kung di na kaya ng paa dahil sa arthritis, I'll just sell the car or pikup then buy the matic.

Or meron bang malambot na malambot na clutch? Just asking..he he

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    masmaganda na talaga gamitin ang mga matic these days kasi even in long drive hindi na masyado nakakapagod,.,.,my dad is already in mid fifties and we usually have a M/T van pero when we decided to replace it he preffered to get an A/T kasi hindi raw siya mahihirapan kahit masakit mga kasukasuan.,.,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MT or AT for 60 years old and beyond?