The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    hmmm, baka unintentional oversight lang

that is why it is always best to read the owners manual

not all vehicles are created alike

haha, sorry sirs, salamat po sa information and sa pag solve ng problem, ngaun lang po kasi ako ng automatic..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I have also experienced this a few times when driving on mountainous roads. If I leave the gear in Drive while negotiating long, steep, winding roads, this has a tendency to happen. However, if you stop or at least slow down, it will go back to normal.

To avoid this, shift to sports mode or use the paddle shifter and select gears manually BEFORE negotiating mountainous roads. If you continue to use "D", and this happens, you will not be able to shift anymore even if you shift to sports mode. You would need to slow down or stop to correct this issue once it is present already. I never experienced this again since I started using the paddle shifter BEFORE the steep inclines. By the way, this does not happen on short inclined roads.

The invecs tranny of the monty is a learning tranny which adjusts to the driving behavior of the driver. You would notice this when you change your driving pattern and then shifting points will change after driving it for a while. When we are driving on mountainous roads, shifting points are greatly changed. I think the tranny just learns a bit slow as to realize that we are already on a flat surface. Just give it a bit more time.

This is just my own personal opinion and honestly, i dont know either if it is considered normal. A few members of MSCP has also encountered this issue but so far, no escalated damage or issue has been reported. It seems to be just a temporary issue which corrects on its own.
    Thank you very much sir, I'm very glad to hear that it is not a problem at all.. thank you for sharing your knowledge about this issue.. i wanna really take of my montero kaya i was paranoid nung na experience ko ito.. salamat ng marami mga sir!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ako naman, once in a while i love to workout the monty's tranny on an uphill climb in makati's mall parking ramps

i would purposely drive real slow going up and at times, even stop midway (pag walang kasunod) and then climb up again

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I have also experienced this a few times when driving on mountainous roads. If I leave the gear in Drive while negotiating long, steep, winding roads, this has a tendency to happen. However, if you stop or at least slow down, it will go back to normal.

To avoid this, shift to sports mode or use the paddle shifter and select gears manually BEFORE negotiating mountainous roads. If you continue to use "D", and this happens, you will not be able to shift anymore even if you shift to sports mode. You would need to slow down or stop to correct this issue once it is present already. I never experienced this again since I started using the paddle shifter BEFORE the steep inclines. By the way, this does not happen on short inclined roads.

The invecs tranny of the monty is a learning tranny which adjusts to the driving behavior of the driver. You would notice this when you change your driving pattern and then shifting points will change after driving it for a while. When we are driving on mountainous roads, shifting points are greatly changed. I think the tranny just learns a bit slow as to realize that we are already on a flat surface. Just give it a bit more time.

This is just my own personal opinion and honestly, i dont know either if it is considered normal. A few members of MSCP has also encountered this issue but so far, no escalated damage or issue has been reported. It seems to be just a temporary issue which corrects on its own.

Hi, I'm now having the same problem on the tranny of my 2012 Montero Sport GTV (150,000 kms). After driving for more than 50 kms or more and on mainly uphill, the "D" blink (engine check light on) and the transmission is stuck at 3rd gear. Even if I stop and Park, then proceed to drive it's in 3rd gear, which means from stop position.

I was advised by a mechanic to overhaul the transmission and after doing so the same problem persists. Now what I'm doing if the "D" blink and engine check "On", I stop the engine and restart. It will work properly for a while with engine check still "On", but after few kilometers the "D" will blink again and has to start from engine off.

After several days the engine check will automatically turn-off and light "On" again when the "D" starts to blink.

Any thought or experienced that can help on my dilemma? Computer checks had been done and even the input shaft speed sensor had replace.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi, I'm now having the same problem on the tranny of my 2012 Montero Sport GTV (150,000 kms). After driving for more than 50 kms or more and on mainly uphill, the "D" blink (engine check light on) and the transmission is stuck at 3rd gear. Even if I stop and Park, then proceed to drive it's in 3rd gear, which means from stop position.

I was advised by a mechanic to overhaul the transmission and after doing so the same problem persists. Now what I'm doing if the "D" blink and engine check "On", I stop the engine and restart. It will work properly for a while with engine check still "On", but after few kilometers the "D" will blink again and has to start from engine off.

After several days the engine check will automatically turn-off and light "On" again when the "D" starts to blink.

Any thought or experienced that can help on my dilemma? Computer checks had been done and even the input shaft speed sensor had been replaced.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^if you have changed ATF at 40thou km then its the mechanical issue already

If not try to change the ATF first

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by plabary1020 View Post

Any thought or experienced that can help on my dilemma? Computer checks had been done and even the input shaft speed sensor had been replaced.
    similar case of a faulty inhibitor switch. have it checked or might need replacement. if you are near manila, you might want to bring it to zix performance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Any problem po sa gls v 2014
    Thanks. Planning to buy

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Regarding sa Pagsteady ng Tranny sa Gear going Uphill:

Sa tingin ko normal ito sa montero lalo na kung mabigat ang paa mo at matulin ka paakyat tapos palagi o madalas ang shifting ng tranny due sa pabago-bagong speed.. Naexperience ko na ito maka-ilang beses sa kennon road.. At first akala ko din talaga may problema pero nung nakasanayan na parang nakapag-adjust na ako sa pagmamaneho..

Sa GLS SE hindi ko nga lang maalala ko naexperience ko ito pero Sa GTV sure ako..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoyJo View Post
    Regarding sa Pagsteady ng Tranny sa Gear going Uphill:

Sa tingin ko normal ito sa montero lalo na kung mabigat ang paa mo at matulin ka paakyat tapos palagi o madalas ang shifting ng tranny due sa pabago-bagong speed.. Naexperience ko na ito maka-ilang beses sa kennon road.. At first akala ko din talaga may problema pero nung nakasanayan na parang nakapag-adjust na ako sa pagmamaneho..

Sa GLS SE hindi ko nga lang maalala ko naexperience ko ito pero Sa GTV sure ako..
    yung pag-steady ng gear sa uphill/downhill is about the adaptive transmission control feature. kapag na sense ng ecu na madalas preno at pag-menor sa downhill/uphill, mag-activate yung adaptive control at mag steady sa 2nd gear. reset lang sa neutral then back to sports mode. o kaya naman tumabi, switch off then on the engine.

the one mentioned earlier at nag blink yung "D" is a typical error caused by faulty inhibitor switch. common sa gen.2 montero. it needs to be clean or kung sira na need na i replace.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Monterosport A/T problem??