New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Besides on Motul, anu pa bang gas stations offers a better 75w90 gear oil? Na-try ko kasi Shell eh, ok rin ba Caltex? Anyone tried? Any good feedbacks you can give peeps? TNX!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    catrol has pero kelangan mo pa bilhin sa auto supply.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    apno po ba malalaman kung kelan ka na dapat magpalit ng gear oil for a 97 manual tranny cefiro?

tia

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ its the same as engine oil, you have to replace that at a certain interval.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron na rin RP gear oil for M/T, syncromax yata yun name I used it last year and shifting is really smoother

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi , i just changed my gear oil yesterday, i drained it then pour 2.5 lit of thuban trans oil on that hole for the speedometer, then put back the speedometer, did i do the right thing ??? , will the trans oil goes down to the tranny and axle as well ??? my car is 1993 Nissan JX, tnx

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    synchromax is for honda's. for most other cars the max gear will do. this is normally replaced every 40k kms.

there should be a filler plug for the tranny. pour there and stop pouring when umaapaw na. if you pour into the speed sensor hole you might overfill it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi sir,

How about for 1995 toyota corolla (4AFE) what kind of oil will I use/buy for its manual transmission and how many Liters it will consume.

Thanks...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    check your owner's manual. manual transmissions vary and the oil recommended by the transmission manufacturer vary. some manual transmissions use automatic transmission fluid, most use extreme pressure lubricant, just check the owner's manual and stop guessing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Manual Transmission Fluid - help!