New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the tacoma is anewer model. it has a different suspension set-up than our local hi-lux here.

its front suspension is coil sprung like the prado, unlike our hi lux which has torsin bars. in thailand they make a/t versions of the hi-lux with a 3.0 turbo, common-rail injected engine that is good for 125hp.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    comment lang..
    bat para yatang underpowered ang hilux kahit 2.8L na engine nya? I've driven a manual 4x4 hilux and ramdam na ramdam ko yung pagka-underpowered nya considering its size. Even the specs says it all. among the 4x4 pickups, it has the lowest power and torque rating, 88 HP vs. 100 HP for the fuego (2.8L turbo), 103 hp for the frontier (3.1L), 98 HP for the strada (2.5L turbo), and 117 hp for the ranger (2.5L turbo).

pero ok nga yung porma nya, saka ok yung gulong. yun lang masikip yung legroom sa loob (it was a 99 or 98 model), dunno about the newer releases.
    just my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Re: Toyota Tacoma and Toyota Hilux
    Let me share what i know about Tacoma since i am driving one, the tacoma is a new pick up truck for the U.S. market only replacing the aging Toyota trucks...tacoma is a new name and these tacoma's are being built at New United Motors Manufacturing Inc (NUMMI) co-owned by toyota and general motors in Fremont CA. I dont know if tacoma and hilux were built on the same frame, our tacoma here have totally different structure from the chassis to the interior. tacoma doesn't have any diesel engine, all are gasoline, correct if i'm wrong these are the engines they use which as follows; 3VZE, 3RZFE, 5VZFE. tacoma have 5 models here, the regular, the extracab, regular cab 4x4, extracab prerunner, extracab sr5 and limited, and the double cab. tacoma's have softer suspension and safety features like dual airbacks with cut off switch, you have a lot of option from the dealer once you plan to buy a tacoma. tacoma have also the TRD parts and so on, i wish i can enumerate all. The tacoma i posted does not belong to me, it belongs to one the fellow crew member of www.TTORA.com. my tacoma is pure stock a 1998 V6 limited 4x4 with a bolt on TRD supercharger kit....well guys that's all for now
    peace ya all

cale

4. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    The Toyota Hilux is the pickup's which the Taliban used in Afghanistan.:mrgreen:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
maglalabas ba ang hi lux ng automatic?