New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    My 99 Accord's clutch pedal is comparably heavier to depress compared to bigger vehicles (e.g. Toyota LandCruiser, Nissan Frontier). It's really a pain in stop & go traffic. I 'm the second owner of the car and not sure if the clutch parts aren't the OEM anymore.
    What do I have to replace to soften the clutch pedal?
    Pressure plate, release bearing etc...?
    (Sorry I'm not that experienced in autos.) Thanks for any advice.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mileage of your accord? talagang different vehicles different clutch pressure needed. you could check the clutch master or cable (whichever your accord uses). in most cases the pressure plate is always the culprit here.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    mga sir, i have a similar problem. we have a 99 el and a 2000 glxi lancer both of which have around 40,000 km.
    yung el , ang lambot ng clutch while the glxi ang tigas kaya hirap sa traffic.

i just assumed na siguro kasi glxi kaya matigas ang clutch dahil heavy duty. tama po ba yon ? thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Parang baligtad yata samin. Napakagaan ng civic compared to Trooper(mas older pa yung civic ha). Patingnan mo, and most of the time prssure plate nga yan considering fluid type na clutch honda.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you can't compare the pedal pressure of different cars. pero kun same model sayo and iba yung tigas then this is a sure sign na may problem na. try the clutch masters muna (primary and 2ndary). if this doesn't work then pababa mo na tranny mo to check the pressure plate and release bearing.

Mabigat na Clutch