New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Performance clutches really are expensive. You can expect to pay anywhere between 17 - 25k for a "Stage I" clutch. One that'll hold maybe 50% more torque (or a bit more) than the stock clutch.

It still won't be indestructible... but it'll last much longer. Kaya lang, even the mildest "performance" clutch will be stiffer at the pedal than a stock clutch. If you're doing this just for longevity on a daily driver... forget it. Sakit ng tuhod lang aabutin mo.

If you have no mods, just drive more gently, don't ride the clutch (drive the car at part-clutch) and practice smooth and quick clutch engagement (don't hold it at part clutch for a long time waiting for first gear to catch up... learn how to engage it quickly but smoothly).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Drag racers with tuned Honda B-series engines I've talked to will actually tell you to forget ACT or Exedy clutches if your drag car is also a daily driver.

If you've got a B16A/B or a B20VTEC hybrid/"Frankenstein" motor, you can just get a B20B/Z clutch disc instead from the casa. This is the clutch used on the very first CR-Vs. Way cheaper than the race clutches, yet still strong enough to withstand the kind of abuse drag racing will subject the clutch to.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Drag racers with tuned Honda B-series engines I've talked to will actually tell you to forget ACT or Exedy clutches if your drag car is also a daily driver.

If you've got a B16A/B or a B20VTEC hybrid/"Frankenstein" motor, you can just get a B20B/Z clutch disc instead from the casa. This is the clutch used on the very first CR-Vs. Way cheaper than the race clutches, yet still strong enough to withstand the kind of abuse drag racing will subject the clutch to.
    I'm still looking for an equivalent for the Lynx. The ACT I've got is stiff, but actually bearable, but something along the lines of the Focus TDCi clutch would be nice. I'm still trying to find out if the diesel Familia/Lynx used the same type of gearbox or at least a similar bellhousing to the gasoline-powered ones...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the performance clutches wear out faster than the oem ones because of the increased clamp load and the friction material used sa disc. if you want longevity go oem.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    mga tsikoteers san po ba murang bumili ng clutch assembly? ride is a hilander slx 2000. maraming salamat

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    saan po murang OEM clutch assembly ng hilader slx 2000.tnx bro

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    exedy racing clutches are just under 20k fitted. mas matibay than stock from a racing point of view but they won't necessarily last longer.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Our longest traveled vehicle had it serviced and replaced for the 1st time at 130T kilometers.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    im nearing 130thou km. manipis na clutch ko

mga magkano kaya gagastusin

nissan lec 94

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carlogt View Post
    saan po murang OEM clutch assembly ng hilader slx 2000.tnx bro
    try going to servitek. they have lots of parts there available. in fact, yung clutch nung friend ko na naka vectra, dyan din nakakuha ng parts eh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
life span ng clutch system(disk,plate,release bearing,oil seal)