New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    Just a few more follow up questions, cause I'm about to send my car to a shop for repairs and I would really like to avoid getting swindled into paying more than what I'm supposed to, anyway, like I mentioned I am experiencing some sliding clutch issues, but I noticed that like some suggested that I put my gear into 5th and see if it stalls, if it doesn't then its time to replace the clutch, well I put my gear into 5th, 4th or even 3rd and the car stalls and turns off, the only issue I have is that acceleration is difficult, so I guess my question is is there such a thing as just adjusting the clutch? maybe something just came loose or out of sync? and whenever a clutch replacement is needed, do I really need to replace the bearings, and pressure plates as well? is it possible that everything else is ok and its just the clutch disk that's having the issue?

P.s. sorry in case some of my questions seems medyo weird or noobish, you could say I wasn't born with a mechanical thumb

and just in case there are some forumers here from Bacolod City, are there auto shops you can recommend that are wallet friendly, cos the only place Im familiar is a place called Highway Tire Supply, and Hyundai Casa, and they charge an arm and a leg.
    pwede pa naman i adjust ang clutch until such time na wala ng adjustment sa sobrang pudpod.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just a few more follow up questions, cause I'm about to send my car to a shop for repairs and I would really like to avoid getting swindled into paying more than what I'm supposed to, anyway, like I mentioned I am experiencing some sliding clutch issues, but I noticed that like some suggested that I put my gear into 5th and see if it stalls, if it doesn't then its time to replace the clutch, well I put my gear into 5th, 4th or even 3rd and the car stalls and turns off, the only issue I have is that acceleration is difficult, so I guess my question is is there such a thing as just adjusting the clutch? maybe something just came loose or out of sync? and whenever a clutch replacement is needed, do I really need to replace the bearings, and pressure plates as well? is it possible that everything else is ok and its just the clutch disk that's having the issue?

P.s. sorry in case some of my questions seems medyo weird or noobish, you could say I wasn't born with a mechanical thumb

and just in case there are some forumers here from Bacolod City, are there auto shops you can recommend that are wallet friendly, cos the only place Im familiar is a place called Highway Tire Supply, and Hyundai Casa, and they charge an arm and a leg.
    pwede pa naman i adjust ang clutch until such time na wala ng adjustment sa sobrang pudpod.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007

First try to have the clutch adjusted. The mechanic should be able to tell you if sagad na yung adjustment. If your car has done 100K kms, likely na dapat replace clutch disc, pressure plate & release bearing (CPR). Yes, it's suggested that you have all these replaced since if you just replace the clutch disc & pressure plate and not the bearing, after a few thousand kms baka umingay yung release bearing. Baba na naman ng transmission so it becomes more expensive.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just with the symptoms you described, it would seem your clutch disks are in need of replacement. what else needs replacement, only upon opening, can they be determined... spring.. disk.. release bearing..
    clutch repair is expensive. just opening up the thing already costs a good amount of money. that is why, when it is opened, they recommend replacement of items that might not yet need replacing.. like that clutch release bearing.
    often, when opening, the bearing is replaced. period. whatever condition it is in.... because when it fails, the cost of replacement would be thrice the price of the part alone.
    in clutch repair, labor sometimes is more expensive than parts.

clutch adjustment?.... i am not sure.. in some cars, the only adjustment that can be done, is the pedal free play. everything else is pre-set in design..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 19th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Well My best bet right now is Goodyear Servitek, they quoted me an amount for the entire clutch replacement

P 5900.00 (Includes the disk, bearings and plates)

P 2500.00 (Labor cost)

Total P8400.00

So question is, do you think this is a pretty good deal, or am I better off going somewhere or searching for the parts myself and just paying for the labor cost?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well My best bet right now is Goodyear Servitek, they quoted me an amount for the entire clutch replacement

P 2500.00 (Labor cost)

Total P8400.00

So question is, do you think this is a pretty good deal, or am I better off going somewhere or searching for the parts myself and just paying for the labor cost?

makakabawas ka pa dyan if you source the parts.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P 2500.00 (Labor cost)

Total P8400.00

makakabawas ka pa dyan if you source the parts.....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I have a similar problem and the problem tinakas ko yung car. Car ng brother ko. Thankfully wala pa sya dito.

We have a talyer but i cannot bring the car.

Ano cause pag downhill 4th gear biglang bumaba kph and kahit press gas ayaw accelerate and meron noise under parang sumasabit.

Pero thankfully after downhill nung flat road naging ok na accelerate ulit at nawala noise. But hanggang makauwi ako baba ulit kph and noise under car and i need to move the kambyo and ok na naman accelerate and no noise.

Is this a simple repair or big repair.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Ganito rin problema ng Getz ko, parang ang hina mag accelerate lalo na pag paatras ano kaya pina repair ni TS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12