New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't think doing either will matter much to a brand new car. If you have an older car and plan to keep it for a few hundred thousand km maybe it might wear out earlier but you have to consider your comfort and well being as well.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post
    Sanayan Lang Yan TS, ilagay mo sa D at apak brake. Dika pala pwde sa mga heavy traffic Yung tipong kalahating araw usad pagong. Tip lang wag ka pupunta NG tagaytay kapag pasko, 7hours aabutin mo sa traffic pababa lang NG santa rosa

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Experienced that a week ago Sunday. Galing ako ng farm hills. Umakayat pa akl ng tagaytay para mag Aguinaldo highway at lumusot pa Carmona.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Experienced that a week ago Sunday. Galing ako ng farm hills. Umakayat pa akl ng tagaytay para mag Aguinaldo highway at lumusot pa Carmona.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    Did the same yesterday. Went up to Tagaytay thru Santa Rosa and saw the traffic going down was very slow. I went back thru Silang-Carmona.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in crawling traffic, i keep it on D, and press on the brake pedal, releasing it from time to time, to ease the car forward.
    when it is total standstill, for longer periods like a minute at least, i put it on N.

kanya-kanyang style po yan.
    there are arguments for and against, but my personal bottom line is, "the degree of wear and tear is probably not worth the effort at arguing".
    Agreed Doc!

Not placing the gear in N downsides:
    1) Wears your knee and patience
    2) Burns ATF, especially DCTs
    3) Wears your brake pads.

I have 16 Grab cars, 5 ATs (2 DCTs), reason I know.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kanya-kanyang style po yan.
    there are arguments for and against, but my personal bottom line is, "the degree of wear and tear is probably not worth the effort at arguing".
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    There's no right or wrong, just do kung saan ka comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I don't think doing either will matter much to a brand new car. If you have an older car and plan to keep it for a few hundred thousand km maybe it might wear out earlier but you have to consider your comfort and well being as well.
    Ayan na ang suma nyan, kung 10 years or 200k kms mo lang naman hahawakan ang car mo, i don't think it will fail just yet.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In short, huwag ikaw na tao ang mag a-adjust sa kotse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pili nalang kung wear and tear ng transmission or wear and tear ng tuhod. you buy car for comfort

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    pili nalang kung wear and tear ng transmission or wear and tear ng tuhod. you buy car for comfort

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Kahit 10 years pa niya gamitin kotse niya I don't tinik masisira kung ano lang masisira sa transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Guess you have to balance your options...frequent D-N-D as they say put strain on your automatic transmission components. On the other hand that method saves you fuel as your engine plus brake pad maintenance as it is not always engage on Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    SMy Innova is with an automatic transmission. This is my dilemma every time mag-traffic sa city and ang ride is usad pagong.... what should I do .... Do I have to maintain at "D" while stepping the brake and release the break to move a little forward? Or could I put it at N with the handbreak then shift back to D and release the handbreak to move forward a little? Stepping on the break for a long period at time hurt my right knee/leg... Ilang estimated seconds or minutes ba before considering placing it at N? Hope someone can enlighten me on this....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    nasanay nadin ako na kapag stand still traffic or red sa traffic lighr nag neutral nalang ako..

pag moving trapik naman pinapauna ko ng konti yung nasa harap para di masyado na kaka ngawit sa paa pag brake...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
How to properly drive an automatic transmission car during traffic?