New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sobra bang laki ang difference sa presyo ang Honda MTF?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Already inquire sa honda makati, available ang MTF at reasonable naman angprice P280/liter, bili nalang ako doon at papalagay ko na lang sa gasoline station, tagal kasi hintay sa CASA at taga sa labor price.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    raine, mahal yata ang 280/Liter. engine oil din naman yun. how did i know? back when i used to bring my civic 96 sa shop i asked the SA(service advisor).

tama si brainmafia, not because the label says Honda MTF it does mean it was manufactured by Honda-it is indeed marketed by Honda. check the label.

i have a fully synthetic motor oil from honda, sure the label all around is Honda but it is a tie-up between Honda and Idemitsu(the oil manufacturer).

scarab, oo. its the same.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mahal nga 280/liter....

but transmission oil is different from engine oil, different additives...

i suggest you get a non-honda gear oil instead, a cheap off-the-shelf gear oil from shell, caltex, etc...
    Last edited by Psylocke; November 7th, 2006 at 03:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gear oil is cheap. Php100++ per liter lang. I just had the Vitara m/t's gear oil changed on all gear oil areas early this year (front and rear differential, transfer case, and manual transmission).

Php280? Diba mas mahal pa sa ATF iyan? :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    page 138 of Honda Civic Owner's Manual (HCOM) Third Edition 10/98

HCOM recommends us to use API Service SG, SH or SJ rated motor oil with a viscosity of SAE 10W-30 or 10W-40...HCOM further states that the tansmission should be drained and refilled with new fluid according to the time and distance recommendations in the maintenance schedule(every 24 months or 40tkm whichever comes first)
    nahalungkat ko iyan dito:
    Gear Oil Suggestion

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab View Post
    ...err, stupid question. when you say M/T fluid, pareho lang yan pag sinabing nagpapalet ka ng gear oil?
    *scarab, yes... we used to use the same engine oil for the transmission oil for our honda. given it's a m/t.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had the tranny fluid on my Civic changed a month ago. I used 2 Liters of the regular Motul motor oil (this was P230.00 per Liter) + P250.00 for the labor at Speedyfix. If I opted for full-synthetic, it would cost P380.00 per liter.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the really cheap gear oil is the monograde stuff from caltex etc... not that good imo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Dunno about other brands but sa honda kasi it would be wiser to put in honda fluids. sa crv a/t ko I tried other brands na dexron 3 hindi compatible, erratic shifting etc.I ended up buying honda atf which is P560/liter taga man at least mas swabe yung shifting pattern.Now to find out who the Honda supplier is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda transmission fluid