New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    sorry buhayin ko lang uli. time for CVT fluid change yun 2009 jazz gd 1.5 vtec ni pinsan. awa ng panahon ok pa yun cvt 136000 kms. ask ko lang ang tamang fluid CVT-F ba or HCF2? wala kasi nang manual nun binili

also consensus sana would you be comfortable using hyundai xteer cvt rated HCF2/z1 if it were your own car? tiwala naman ako sa xteer sa cvt hindi hehe.

genuine honda hcf is 2.5k hyundai xteer is 1.5k eh medyo penny pinching din.

thanks sa sasagot.

Attachment 36801
    If penny pinching, i would suggest using honda cvtf and ordering it directly sa casa/dealer ng honda. They can check the specific fluid needed for your car before giving you the bill. Im not sure if may difference ang cvtf from first gen to current gen ng honda so better be safe na lang.
    The savings in using a cheaper 'alternative' in this case is not outweighing the possoble cost to repair, reflush with the correct fluid or completelt replace a damaged cvt in the worst case.

My opinion on the matter

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Honda CVTF Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid 1L

Dito ko bumili ng ATF ko, laking mura vs casa

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Honda CVTF Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid 1L

Dito ko bumili ng ATF ko, laking mura vs casa
    sir ano po model yun jazz ninyo?
    sa manual po anong spec po and recommended cvtf and hcf2?

wala kasi kaming manual for reference

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Sir, ATF po ang binili ko for my Civic, napansin ko lang may CVTF din pala sila kaya naishare ko sa inyo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thanks all.
    will put all inputs into consideration.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    If penny pinching, i would suggest using honda cvtf and ordering it directly sa casa/dealer ng honda. They can check the specific fluid needed for your car before giving you the bill. Im not sure if may difference ang cvtf from first gen to current gen ng honda so better be safe na lang.
    The savings in using a cheaper 'alternative' in this case is not outweighing the possoble cost to repair, reflush with the correct fluid or completelt replace a damaged cvt in the worst case.

My opinion on the matter
    +1. With Honda trannies, stick with OEM fluids.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    +1. With Honda trannies, stick with OEM fluids.
    Lubricant companies buy access to hondas proprietary fluids since they develop their cvts in-house.

Generally latest gen cvt fuilds from the big 3(jatco yota-aisin honda) are very similar. Hence overlapping specs.

Getting the correct type regardless of brand/manufacturer in my opinion is ok.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Honda Jazz/City CVT Problems. Anyone?