New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Help pls.

Honda City 2003 AT. Mileage 130,000. Last Periodic Maintenance 120,000.00. Regular Maintenance every 10k , 130k pms not yet done.

Hello Everyone. Need your help on my car. Currently, I’ve been experiencing some “shudder”/ noise usually when going uphill , but there have been very few times when the shudder happens after my car has slowed down and is beginning to shift gears once again. I don’t think the car is jerking but it seems more like it lacks that immediate power needed by the car to push forward on those specific moments. Other than this, the car runs smoothly.

A friend of mine rode with me earlier and shared that the problem may be due to “pressure plate” and/or clutch disc. He explained to me the logic behind the problem as he encountered a similar problem with his old civic (though manual transmission). Also, he shared that damage would be around 6-10K to fix this problem.

I’ve read the Honda City/Jazz VT problem thread earlier, but I can’t seem to find a problem similar to mine. Is it due to wear and tear? Fluids? Parts needs to be replaced Etc. If anyone here can give me some tips and suggestions (i.e reliable shops where to have it checked), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys. God Bless

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    by the way, i havent done any recalibration after changing battery last year (around June I think)

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi there.

I've similar problem as this.
    I hear a noise when i'm driving on a slightly inclined road at low speed.
    I think it's coming from the transmission because i hear it during gear shift. Sounds like gears engaging against each other.
    Seems that i'm already at 3rd and it shifts to 2nd.
    Any thoughts?

Regards.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mine is 1.5 A/T by the way.

Honda City inquiry