New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi all!

I have a Honda City 2002 M/T. In order to be able to shift gears, my clutch pedal should be fully floored, or else, hindi mo maipapasok yung gear. And in order to be able to get my car moving on first gear (from full stop), i have to release the clutch around 60% before stepping on the gas or else, the engine dies, or aalog alog yung car unless: i release the clutch pedal some more OR put on some more gas and rev the car to a higher rpm. Based on this, I have 3 questions:

1. Everytime I shift, naririnig ko yung parang clunk, signifying that the gear has locked into place. Ang tunog nya is very similar to the sound you hear pag nagkakambyo sa public bus. Normal lang ba yun? Kung hindi, ano kaya yung problema?

2. Kelangan ko ba i adjust yung clutch ko (kasi according to my friends, "malalim" daw yung clutch? Madalas kasi akong mamatayan, although some of my friends also say, hindi lang daw ako marunong mag timpla ng 1st gear, hehe.

3. May problema kaya yung clutch assembly ko?

Thanks for whatever input anyone could provide on this..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Have your transmission checked, have a trusted mechanic do the job for you, have him check the whole transmission assembly, (clutch disc, pressure plate , release bearing and the fly wheel, you may also want to check the clutch cable too).

If your clutch can still be adjusted, then let your mechanic do this but this is only good for a few months, definitely your transmission is due for a major repair.
    Last edited by ans_lim168; June 22nd, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    waah... how definite do you think would your "definitely" be, sir ans_lim168?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Did you purchase your car brand new? Manual transmission's life span in my experience by the time it reaches it's 4th to 5th year I can feel it sliding a bit, and this is a 7 year old car, and since you experience clunking sound when shifting plus the clutch pedal play is way below so I think it has already been adjusted before. Have your transmission checked, when the mechanic opens this just be on the lookout for those that I mentioned before. Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi all!

I have a Honda City 2002 M/T. In order to be able to shift gears, my clutch pedal should be fully floored, or else, hindi mo maipapasok yung gear. And in order to be able to get my car moving on first gear (from full stop), i have to release the clutch around 60% before stepping on the gas or else, the engine dies, or aalog alog yung car unless: i release the clutch pedal some more OR put on some more gas and rev the car to a higher rpm. Based on this, I have 3 questions:

1. Everytime I shift, naririnig ko yung parang clunk, signifying that the gear has locked into place. Ang tunog nya is very similar to the sound you hear pag nagkakambyo sa public bus. Normal lang ba yun? Kung hindi, ano kaya yung problema?
    --di ata normal yun. possible na busted na yung transmission support mo.

2. Kelangan ko ba i adjust yung clutch ko (kasi according to my friends, "malalim" daw yung clutch? Madalas kasi akong mamatayan, although some of my friends also say, hindi lang daw ako marunong mag timpla ng 1st gear, hehe.

3. May problema kaya yung clutch assembly ko?

--for questions 2 and 3, a good mechanic can adjust the clutch for you. However your clutch assembly might be due for a replacement na rin considering the age of the car. hth.

Thanks for whatever input anyone could provide on this..

Honda City 2002 Clutch Problem