New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    The lowest price I have right now is Php10,800 for rebuilding kit of 1997 Nissan Sentra Series 3

Guys, maybe you know anyone or any shop that has a lower price?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    up up up up

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by battcor View Post
    The lowest price I have right now is Php10,800 for rebuilding kit of 1997 Nissan Sentra Series 3

Guys, maybe you know anyone or any shop that has a lower price?
    sure na kaya sila pag mapalitan yan ay perfectly well na AT mo sir? or may iba na naman gagastusin?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by battcor View Post
    Update: Bad news, need to buy rebuilding kit.

Need your suggestions, should I buy rebuilding kit or should i buy the whole transmission? brand new or not?

Where can I find a store that offers affordable price?

Help!
    In automatic gearbox overhauling, you REALLY need an overhaul kit (1 set) as all clutches, bands, seals, etc. need to be replaced. Also make sure that you buy Genuine Nissan overhauling kits. Do not scrimp on these parts, they should be of good quality for the repair to be successful.

Mahal talaga mag-overhaul ng automatic.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    sure na kaya sila pag mapalitan yan ay perfectly well na AT mo sir? or may iba na naman gagastusin?
    unfortunately, no. that's only for the "usual suspects". that does not include other parts that do not usually fail but may have done so...
    plus the possibility that the mechanics involved are not very knowledgeable...
    reasons why others opt to simply get surplus trans assembly..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Update: My car is now running well and shifting between gears is much even smoother.

I opted to buy a surplus transmission assembly. We got it from Banawe for Php 9,000 with original price that ranges from Php 11,000 up to Php14,000. The assembly looks good from the outside and no signs of replacement/repairs made. Item came fresh from the port with engine still attached.

The shop owner gave us 2-week warranty for replacement.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Naku! Why? Considering that you now have a surplus unit, it would be wise to replace the ATF of that gearbox.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Naku! Why? Considering that you now have a surplus unit, it would be wise to replace the ATF of that gearbox.
    The mechanic replaced the ATF, but before that, they drained the remaining old ATF and opened the pan to check for residues.

Magnet has no metal particles attached.

I have few days left to do more test drives.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Ok, its a good thing that there were no "particles" found in the tranny pan. One positive indication that the gearbox still has useful life into it.

Goodluck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123