New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Good AM mga sir...

have a 96 civic vtec, already at the 115,000 km mark...
    im planning to change all if not most of fluids.. (engine oil change is regular nman)
    anu ba dapat i-prioritize sa brake, clutch, power steering, transmission?
    how much do these cost...

thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Lahat yan dapat i prioritize dahil lahat yan ay essential sa auto mo, pero kung gusto mong paisa isa, sa tingin ko follow your order of priority dyan sa post mo. yung magagastos mo lang ang hindi ako sure kung magkano. mura lang naman brake fluid, bilhin mo ung enuf para sa brake and clutch needs mo. sa power steering i think depende sa atf na gagamitin mo. ganun din sa transmission. tapos labor depende rin sa talyer na pagdadalahan mo.

opinion ko lang po yan, ikaw pa rin masusunod.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    1 liter of brake fluid should be enough for both brake and clutch. 1 liter of power steering fluid, 2 liters of coolant, 3 liters of engine oil for the transmission(if manual).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I was just wondering since my Hyundai Sonata GLS is 5 years old and a 2000 model and on the cover of the brake fluid, it is stated that use only DOT 3 brake fluid. I know there are already an existing DOT 4 fluids but I am not if it is safe to upgrade to that.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    3 liters of engine oil for the transmission(if manual).
    bos anong viscousity ang recommended niyo for the transmission (manual)?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby91 View Post
    Good AM mga sir...

have a 96 civic vtec, already at the 115,000 km mark...
    im planning to change all if not most of fluids.. (engine oil change is regular nman)
    anu ba dapat i-prioritize sa brake, clutch, power steering, transmission?
    how much do these cost...

thanks
    bro, dalhin mo na lang kay migs, (speedyfix), siya na lang bahala sa lahat. labour and supply lang ha, expenses ay sa iyo...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Migs - 09175347636, OUR NEW HOME: 312 Shaw Blvd. Formerly the Sanden Bldng. near Pure Gold and across Red Ribbon
    Motul oil change promo - P1,900 (oil, filter & labor)
    just inquiring lang po...

oem iyun oil filter what brand of filter do you carry? what type iyun mutul oil (mineral or synthetic)? kasama na po iyun tune up doon like checking and adjusting valve seats, check brakes, check clutch, wheel rotation etc?

magkano kapag labor lang kung sa amin ang filter at oils?

thank you

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I was just wondering since my Hyundai Sonata GLS is 5 years old and a 2000 model and on the cover of the brake fluid, it is stated that use only DOT 3 brake fluid. I know there are already an existing DOT 4 fluids but I am not if it is safe to upgrade to that.
    In most cases, DOT 3 and DOT 4 can coexists in peace. The reason manufacturers stipulate only one type is because sometimes contamination/reaction can result between two different types. And it is impossible to fully take out all the fluid in the brake system unless you disassemble it completely or replace all the lines. There will always be some old fluid left which could potentially not mix well with the new type you plan to pour in.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    best solution in replacing the brake and clutch fluid is by going to a shop that has a machine for bleeding the clutch/brake fluid. you can really see the dirt and debris get flushed. is surely beats the conventional bleeding technic.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the regular bomba pirmeh and machine vacuum bleeding is the same lang. it gets the same results.

dot 3 and dot 4 fluid are compatible pero better parin that it is drained completely before replacing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fluids : brake, powersteering, clutch