New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i have a question also about A/T car.

what is the right speed and position of shifting gear if i have to overtake the car infront of me. should i maintain the D and full acceleration or shift back to 3 to hve a more speed...please advise...thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flying_fox View Post
    i have a question also about A/T car.

what is the right speed and position of shifting gear if i have to overtake the car infront of me. should i maintain the D and full acceleration or shift back to 3 to hve a more speed...please advise...thank you in advance.
    Shift down & at the same time step on the gas to have a bit more acceleration.

But in other cars, the tranny with shift down as soon as you floor the gas pedal.

SO just depends on how quickly you want to overtake.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Newer model A/T cars adapt to your driving situation. It will automatically shift down when you depress on the accelerator. However, it may take a fraction of a second before it does and could mess up your timing. Shifting to D3 seconds before overtaking gives you more control on timing the overtake.
    Last edited by oj88; January 30th, 2010 at 08:46 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Heto po ang isa pang pagkakaiba ng P at N. base na po sa aking experience.

Ang transmission oil kasi eh pinapalamig din yan, dumadaan po yan sa radiator. Kung sisilipin nyo po yung radiator nyo, meron 2 hose na mliit sa ilalim isang papasok at isa papalabas sa transmission.

Kapag naka P, ang transmission oil po eh hindi lumalabas sa transmission papuntang radiator. Kapag naka N, R, 1, 2,3 eh ang transmission oil po eh umiikot papuntang radiator para lumamig at babalik ulit sa transmisison body.

BY accident ko nadiscover to ng binaklas ko yung radiator at nilabatiba ko ito hahaha.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gremz View Post
    Heto po ang isa pang pagkakaiba ng P at N. base na po sa aking experience.

Ang transmission oil kasi eh pinapalamig din yan, dumadaan po yan sa radiator. Kung sisilipin nyo po yung radiator nyo, meron 2 hose na mliit sa ilalim isang papasok at isa papalabas sa transmission.

Kapag naka P, ang transmission oil po eh hindi lumalabas sa transmission papuntang radiator. Kapag naka N, R, 1, 2,3 eh ang transmission oil po eh umiikot papuntang radiator para lumamig at babalik ulit sa transmisison body.

BY accident ko nadiscover to ng binaklas ko yung radiator at nilabatiba ko ito hahaha.
    hmmm... ok ah, masilip nga minsan yung sa ride ko... ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Driving an A/T car questions.