New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    Funnily enough audi cites efficiency reasons for axing the cvt (multitronic)in favor of the dsg
    Audi kills off multitronic CVT automatic | CarAdvice
    DCT or DSG (PDK for Porsche) behaves more like an MT and offers the same fuel efficiency. It also shifts quicker than an MT this offering better performance. However, a poorly designed DCT can lead to catastrophic failures like Ford’s dry clutch DCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    DCT or DSG (PDK for Porsche) behaves more like an MT and offers the same fuel efficiency. It also shifts quicker than an MT this offering better performance. However, a poorly designed DCT can lead to catastrophic failures like Ford’s dry clutch DCT.

in house design ba yun much maligned and flawed ford dct?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Sorry, I was wrong. The Forester Diesel was offered with a CVT and an MT tranny.

215 Subaru Forester Review : 2.D-L diesel CVT | CarAdvice

The other manufacturer that uses boxer engines prefers their own version of the DSG. Porsche’s PDK is one of the best in terms of performance.

i vaguely remember a video yun pdk ng Porsche executed 50 full acceleration with launch control in succession without a hitch. yung bmw version smg pa ata overheated with 5 if i remember correctly. this was the earliest days of dct pa.
    Last edited by babkalakal; June 25th, 2020 at 09:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    in house design ba yun much maligned and flawed ford dct?
    the DPS6 was codeveloped with getrag(as the 6DCT250) and also used in renault megane III 1.5D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12